Answers

Chapter 48

Thirty minutes later, we were both dressed and in the car arguing.

"Creed you need to let me handle Ricker. If he thinks for one moment I show any sign of weakness, he will not give us any answers."

"You are wrong,  I think I  already proved to him I'm  a worthy adversary. We should go in as a united front."

I huffed out my annoyance with this useless conversation. We had been going around and around about me going in alone to talk to Commander Ricker. Creed insists that he should go in with me. "Okay if you go in then you can not carry me. Let me do all the talking."

"I will let you talk, but I'm carrying you in. You are not strong enough yet." Creed his eyes on the road as I slapped my forehead in frustration.

"Creed I just told you that I can't show a sign of weakness.  You carrying me is like waving a huge, fucking, red flag that I'm weak. Plus since we've mated I feel like I got some of my energy back." I could feel my wolf with each passing minute.  Our link growing stronger.

Creed shut off the car. " Alright I will let you walk in, but I will be the muscle."

"Thank you." We exited the car but before  I moved away Creed got my attention.

"Eva I'm right behind you. Lean on me if you need to." We stared at each other over the hood of the sedan and I nodded in agreement.

I pushed off the car and braced myself for the walk ahead. I didn't lie, I did gain a little more strength back.  But I was only operating on twenty percent of energy. I hope I can make it to Ricker's office and back to the car without passing out from exhaustion. The building in front of us was small and unassuming. Most people were unaware that it housed one of the  covert milantant group. We entered the building greeted by Terry. She had been working the front for years. She was a trained agent, who hated field work. She was content with her position as receptionist.

"Hello Ms. Pesch, how can I help you today? "

"We are here to see Ricker."

"I'm sorry he is not accepting visitors today."

"Call and let him know we would like to."

Terry cut me off. "As I've said he is unavailable."

I could feel Creed tensing up behind me; ready for a fight.

"I see. We will try back later." I turned away and dragged a protesting Creed towards the door. "Oh, Terry I see you haven't replaced the plant."

"No it seems that I have a black thumb with anything green."

"You should really try getting a Privet. Doesn't  need much sunlight or water."

Eva why the hell are you talking about plants. I say we storm in there.  

Creed plotting through our mindlink.

Patience Creed.

"Are sure it can even survive me. My problem is that I forget to water the dang things."

"Oh I'm sure Terry. Word of warning they can be invasive and grow out of control. So you have to clip them."

The phone rang and Terry picked up her eyes trained on us. "Yes sir. Ricker will see you now."

A door slid opened behind Terry and we walked around the counter greeted by two armed men. The door slid closed and we followed them to the end of the barren hall to an elevator. We stepped inside Creed standing directly behind me and each guard standing on our sides. The elevator had no buttons, only equipped with cameras and operated by men in the security room. The elevator served as defensive measure installed years ago. It served as a body scanner to know exactly what the occupants were carrying on their bodies. It was also calibrated to detect liquids, vials, or any other substance for biochemicals or bombs.