Chapter 28

Jazz’s POV

“FINALLY in LA” Louis exclaimed as we walked over to baggage claim. We had just arrived at the LAX and all I wanted to do was get to the hotel, curl up into a ball and get as much sleep as I could before we had to go to a meeting with this producer for AOT’S first music video at 3. I can’t believe we’re finally making an actual video and releasing an album and stuff, and the fact that Jenny was able to manipulate the tour schedule to fit in a couple of days on the West coast before we head out to New York and do shows again is amazing. I just hope the next few days go by without any additional drama involving the fans or management or anything like that. We’ve already got enough to deal with. Plus I  still haven’t talked to Harry about the....well, everything...that went down at that party and the guilt of it all is eating me up. But something tells me from the way Harry was sulking and “sleeping” the whole plane ride plus the way Yaritza’s been talking to basically no one but Niall, that they both already know, or atleast know most of what happened.

Lana’s voice broke me out of my thoughts, “Right? That plane ride took forever, I’m just glad we get a few days to basically just chill” She sighed in relief.

“I know, time to get a tan! And can you believe we’re actually making a music video?!” Alyssa grinned as she grabbed my suitcase off the baggage carousel and handed it to me. I mumbled a thanks before setting it down on the floor to fix my hair, trying to hide how torn up I was.

“I need to head to the gym asap, I haven't worked out in a while,” Liam added in, flexing his biceps and pretending to be disappointed.

“Liam, stop showing off,” Zayn rolled his eyes, shoving Liam over so he could grab his own bag off the carousel.  

“Yeah Liam, you’re buff enough,” Lana giggled as she poked Liam’s arm. "Nice!"

“I mean, can you get any bigger?” Alyssa continued, making everyone else crack up. I smiled a bit, amused at my weird friends but it slipped away a second later as I caught Harry glancing behind him, a heartbreaking expression on his face as he looked at Yaritza and Niall, who were still walking towards us, talking softly to each other.

Zayn stopped laughing a few seconds later, also noticing how far away Yaritza and Niall were from us. “Hey, is Yaritza alright? She seems really off and distant and she won’t talk to anyone besides Niall.”

Harry shuffled his feet and looked at the ground as Liam responded, “I don’t know she’s been like that since after Justin’s party,”

“Something must’ve happened. She never acts like this,Yaritza only completely shuts off if she’s seriously hurt or pissed off,” Lana said before shooting a questioning look at Harry, who was staring at the wall now, avoiding everyone’s gaze.

“She’s only been talking to Niall. I tried to talk to her but all she says is she’s tired and doesn't wanna talk but I know there’s gotta be another reason,” Louis continued, looking serious for once. I bit my lip, trying to stop myself from saying anything as Harry walked away and leaned against the walls across the room. They all raised their eyebrows and looked confused as he just stood there with his head down. After a few seconds of debating whether I should or not, I walked over to him, tired of seeing two of the few people I care about acting so hurt.

I leaned against the wall next to him, asking him quietly, “Haz, you alright?”

He adjusted his black beanie but stayed quiet. I waited a few more seconds before nudging him with my elbow a bit, saying, “Harry come on, talk to me. Everyone’s worried”

“It’s just ...she....Jazz, she hates me,” He mumbled, rubbing his face.

“What happened? What did you do?” I feigned ignorance on the off chance that this whole thing was completely irrelevant to the party.