CHAPTER 20 | where did he stash the pan?

📎A/N. Hello my lovelies! And you truly are.. I woke up this morning and noticed a bunch of messages on my phone from my Twitter and Wattpad apps.  A little confused, I had my morning coffee before finding my glasses and sitting down at my computer.

To both my shock and amazement it turns out that the Wattys have been announced. I am so very thrilled to know many of the 2016 winners -  krazydiamond | jessesprague | jennimrose | adam_and_jane | merrywombat | mikaelabender | elatimer | FallonDeMornay - If you haven't checked out their wonderful stories, make sure you do. Not only are they very talented writers.. they are amazing people and I am blessed to have bumped into them along the way.

What is still a little surreal is that Masked is also a Watty's winner... and in the category of Voracious reads!  This was only possible because of the wonderful support that many of you have provided... not only on Masked, but also all the other stories in the series as well as my other work. I am so very grateful for each and every one of you and will be sending out virtual hugs to you throughout the day... so if you get a warm fuzzy feeling over the next few hours... that'll be me ❤

Now back to our regular program.... I hope you enjoy the chapter... if you do, don't forget to vote :)

Take care and hugs and kisses to you all!

❤ ℳ

❧ ⚛ ✺ ≋ ≋ ≋ ≋ ≋ ✺ ⚛ ❧

Keira was so angry she was ready to breathe fire. The two-faced pond scum of a deputy had looked her in the eye and expressed his sorrow for her loss; and he had the audacity to do this less than half an hour after he'd taken Marcus's life. She wanted her piece of flesh just as much as Ryker did. Before Keira had cleared the doorway, he burst out from the small hallway that led to the changing rooms. His expression perfectly matched hers as he scanned the main area of the station everyone referred to as the bullpen.

"Where the hell is Trudeau?"

The venom that laced his booming voice stopped the entire station in its tracks. All eyes whipped to face the enraged vampire. Even from the opposite side of the building, she could see the rage warring as flashes of red bled into the blue of his irises. If she was closer, she was sure she'd hear his teeth grind against each other; his jaw was so rigid Keira was surprised he could move it at all.

"He was in the changing room I swear," said Mitos. For once, he refrained from any derogatory remarks.

Keira couldn't believe her ears. They've lost Marcus's killer and our only lead to the Order? He was just here!

Ryker breathed in deep, and a hiss could be heard as he let it out between his clamped teeth. The station, including the members of the public at the front counter, were polarized at the Sherriff who barely kept himself together. A far cry from the laid back and congenial man they were used to.

"Jessie Pearl, get him on the horn and tell him I want him back here now."

The heavily pregnant station's dispatcher nodded as she swung her chair back to her desk. "Unit 32, what is your 10:20? Over."

A few confused looks passed between the officers, but no one was game enough to speak. Apart from the static noise from the two-way radio, nothing could be heard. "I repeat. Unit 32 what is your 10:20?"