CHAPTER 22 | unexpected visitors

📎A/N. Hello my lovelies. Looks like you all enjoyed the end of the last chapter, I was literally laughing with each comment that had the word 'finally' in it. Anyone would think I had been torturing you all *evil laugh*

Let's see what this weeks chapter brings... we are certainly getting down to the wire with Leviathan standing on the other side of the door, waiting for her little army to open it for her.

This chapter is a little long, so sit back and enjoy.

Take care and thank you all so very much for your support :-)

❤ ℳ

P.S. This chapter is dedicated to tamoja - go and check out her story Bird, it is not for the faint of heart. You won't regret it.

❧ ⚛ ✺ ≋ ≋ ≋ ≋ ≋ ✺ ⚛ ❧

The moment the front door to Deacon's mansion opened, Keira and Dayna raced upstairs. Before entering Keira's room, they unwarded the area, and she retrieved the Grimoire from under the bed. She placed it on the bed, sat beside it and began to flip through the weathered pages, yellowed with time.

"Maybe we can use the strengthening spell to increase the vampire's abilities," suggested Dayna. She had taken up a similar position to Keira and studied the passages as they considered each spell.

Keira shook her head and turned the page. "Won't work. That spell was to strengthen something that had been broken; bones; a chair leg, a window. The vampire's abilities are not broken."

They continued to pour over each page in case an idea popped out at them.

"So, what took you two so long to get back to the car?" asked Dayna.

Something in her tone made Keira look up. This was no idle curiosity.

Keira reached for her amulet and fingered it nervously. "We were right behind you."

Dayna raised an eyebrow and stared pointedly at her. "If you say so."

They resumed scanning the pages for a possible solution. The room was quiet for all of ten seconds before Dayna said, "So why did you look so guilty?"

Keira groaned inwardly. Her sister was like a dog with a bone. She had spent the entire ride back to the house trying to not think about that kiss. However, the more she tried not to, the more her body remembered it. The feel of his lips against hers as he lit every nerve ending she didn't know she had, was a bliss she hadn't experienced in a long time. Keira face heated even further as she recalled just how aroused he had made her in such a short amount of time.

"So you did get up to something," said Dayna, "you're blushing."

Keira, not able to meet her sister's intense gaze turned back to the Grimoire. "I am not."

Dayna giggled. "Methinks the lady doth protest too much. Are you going to tell me what happened or can I just use my imagination? Even with his vamp skills, there's no way you had enough time to do the deed. That leaves so many options." Dayna tapped a finger against her bottom lip. "Which one to choose that would have my boring sister all in a fluster?"

Keira rubbed her forehead in exasperation. "Oh for Mother Earth's sake, it was just a kiss, so you can get your mind out of the gutter."

Dayna squealed, jumped on the bed, fell to her knees and began to bounce. "I knew it. I knew it. So how was the tonsil hockey with Sheriff McSexy? Was it hot? What am I saying—of course it was. The man knows what he's doing, and from your particular shade of scarlet, he's very good at it." She clapped her hands together. "I want details; details I tell you."