Chapter 49

Edited: August 25, 2020

The Special is taking WAAY too long to finish so I atleast have to write this chapter to say sorry 🤯

Enjoy!

¶×¶×¶×¶

-3rd Person-

The smell of Ramen and bento boxes filled the air as the team along with Kogaine takes a break from the long hike up to the mountains with not even reaching half of their destination. But then again, it is a 2 days hike, so they don't really have to rush.

Fire is cackling, heat spreading throughout the cave as Naruto neatly folds Mizuki's scarf and placed it beside the campfire so it'll warm up. With Mizuki just leaning against the wall in a drowsy state with Kakashi just beside her, holding a ramen cup.

Even with protest from Sasuke and Kogaine saying that it's not healthy for a sick person to eat something so unhealthy, Kakashi ignored it saying that she needed something warm in her stomach.

"Do you think that we'll have to stay here for the rest of the day? Or should we continue later?" Naruto ask while plopping down on the other side of Mizuki with a worried look, his hand pressing against hher forehead, feeling the heat radiating out of her.

" We'll be moving soon, according to Kogaine, the next stop is just five hours away and we need to at least get some distance. I'll volunteer and carry Mizuki so that no one gets left behind okay?" Kakashi says with a reassuring tone and a smile while tipping the ramen cup a little on Mizuki's lips tk tell her to atleast drink something warm.

" Sometimes, I'm glad that you actually buy a lot of cup noodles"He says with a chuckle while watching the little girl tk shift a little and take the cup from his with her cold frail hands.

" O-ow... " She hissed with her tongue out after burning it a little from the piping hot soup.

"Careful now" He says with a smile before slowly standing up to stretch a little since he was kinda feeling pins and needles from the lack of blood circulation.

Naruto sat silently with a frown while watching his sister blow the ramen cup, looking so pale and frail. The girl seemed to have noticed the sad look on her brother, she then gave him a smile.

"I-it's just a cold, I won't L-let this beat me" She groggily chirps with a smile before taking a bite from the soaked noodles.

"Yeah...but I could've just said no if I knew that it's going to be this cold. Your safety and health is more important than this mission, you know?" He says with the same frown while stroking her hair lovingly.

Not far from them was Kogaine, Sasuke and Sakura peacefully eating their pre-made bento boxes, with the three of them sneaking glances at the Siblings. Watching and seeing how worried Naruto looks.

It kinda shocked them honestly, it's not like everyday that they see Naruto looking so sad, worried and unmotivated. But then again, it is his little sister that's sick, looking like it's gonna get worse from here on out.

"Dang, I haven't seen him looking like that since Mizuki slept over at your place, Sasuke-kun" Sakura says while taking a bite from her bento box.

"Hn"

"I haven't seen him frown since the whole mission, up until now. What a great brother he is..." Kogaine hums while taking a sip of water from his cannister.

Hearing a pair of footsteps behind them, they look back to see a neutral looking Kakashi. Watching him pass by them and sit just in front of them while pulling out a book.