Haunted House

This may or may not be good. Idk because I've never tried writing a scary story before. Forgive me if it's pretty horrible? xD. I also tried to keep the violence PG13. :) 

Lilly stared up at the dark, imposing house. It was a two story with columns guarding the double doors. Once, a long time ago, this house had been beautiful. The french style windows were caked with dirt and the hangings blocking the view inside were heavy with spider's webs. Long dead rosebushes still crowded the lawn, the blackened leaves showing now sign of possible growth. It was strange, but the house seemed to be painted black. There was no splotch of color among the endless darkness. In the darkening twilight, the house was almost invisible. Mr. Ambrose strode up the steps, and Lilly followed hurriedly. After fiddling about with the door, he punched the glass in, and reached a hand inside, unlocking the door. He disappeared into the darkness. 

Mr. Ambrose entered the dark room, wrinkling his nose in distaste when he saw the white sheets thrown over various old pieces of furniture. The musty scent of the old house hung heavily in the air, the dust mites nearly tangible on their tongue. Lilly crept in after him, peering through the darkness.  Behind her, Karim lit a lamp and the sputtering sound of a flame flickering to life was the only sound in the room. "Sahib?"

"Yes, Karim?" Mr. Ambrose asked as he surveyed the cracked frames hanging crookedly on the wall. Through the thick film of dust, he briefly made out two figures, a man and a woman.

"It's deserted and there is no sign of the woman who called."

Lilly said quietly, "She could be upstairs. She said she was here, exactly here!" Earlier in the afternoon as she was writing down Mr. Ambrose's plans for the month in his planner, his office phone had rung. When Mr. Ambrose answered, a lady's voice echoed disjointedly through the speaker, sounding as though she were miles away from the phone.

"Mr... Ambrose, Miss Linton..." Mr. Ambrose had immediately started to question her.

"Who is this? Why are you calling us? I demand you answer immediately!" A dry laugh emitted from the phone, sending chills down Lilly's spine.

"That is.. No matter to you. Meet me.... At..." She spoke heavily now- as though it was physically hurting her to speak. "W-Wilding Park, 37." The sharp click of the phone ended the call. After an hour ruminating on a course of action, Mr. Ambrose finally decided it was in his best interest to meet the woman at the aforementioned home. He needed to know how she knew it was Miss Linton and not Mr.

He took only Karim and his secretary (Would it amuse you to know I wrote 'sexretary' instead of secretary before? Whoops.) knowing Karim was sufficient to protect the ifrit. "Karim, proceed, she may still be here. We need to interrogate her." Nodding, Karim walked down the hall, the rotting floorboards creaking beneath his feet. "I'll go this way, shout if you see anything." Mr. Ambrose left, marching quickly up the stairs, ignoring the ominous sounds beneath him.

Lilly was left alone in the dim room. Her chauvinistic boss had taken the only lamp with him and now she was left in almost pitch black darkness. An animal skittered across the floorboards, coming toward her. Judging by it's beady eyes, it was a rat. Lilly ran toward the only other door in the room and proceeded down the hall.

With a small gasp, Lilly crashed onto a side table, sending a jar smashing onto the floor. "Oops." She felt around on the table, hoping to find a candle of some sort. Her fingers met smooth wax. Uttering a small cry of triumph, Lilly reached into her pocket and lit a match. The candle soon illuminated the hallway.

Strips of wallpaper hung off the wall, revealing the dark rotted wood beneath. A beetle crawled out of the gap and Lilly turned away, disgusted. She continued down the hallway. As she turned the corner, a flash of black and white caught her eye. She turned toward it, hoping to see Karim. She screamed.