Chapter 6

Italics are Lana's dream/memory. Regular are reality.

 Regular are reality

Barry

I sat in the chair looking at Caitlin who looked at her phone once again.

"Still no word on her?" Cisco asks also looking at her

"She should have came back already" she says worried

"Even if she was back, she wouldn't tell us. She's fine" Cisco tells her trying to reassure her "just give her time"

"I didn't think she would use her weapons on me" I say

"She's changed Barry" Caitlin says "the Lana you knew isn't this Lana, not anymore"

I looked away wanting things to go back to the way they were, but I knew it would take time in order for that to happen. Just then we heard beeping come from the monitor. Cisco walked over to the computer and opened up the security cameras from outside STAR labs.

"Well that's odd" Cisco mutters "someone is speeding this way"

I looked at the screen seeing the car quickly stop. The door opened and I could see one man quickly get out of the car. He extended his arm back and threw something out toward the door of the building. As quickly as the car came the car quickly drove off leaving tire marks behind on the ground.

"What the-" Caitlin says quickly standing from her seat

I quickly ran outside of STAR labs and grabbed the package before running back inside. Once I was inside I set the box down and was quick to open it.

"What is this?" I asked

I pulled out pictures of Lana unconscious on the ground. I could see her hands tied as she was being held down.

"Let me see" Caitlin says pushing past me

I moved aside watching as Caitlin took the contents of the box out.

"What is this?." she asks looking at what was inside the box

"I'm going to check her apartment" I quickly say and leave

I was wearing my suit and I was careful not to barge in. Once I was outside I could hear movement on the inside. I opened the door and held my hands up seeing as I was being held at gunpoint.

"Good to see you again" he says

I looked at him confused because I hadn't seen him before.

"I'm not here to fight flash" he says "I'm here because Lana didn't make it back"

I sucked in a breath and felt my heart sink. My brain was instantly going to the worst place. I thought that he was here to tell us that she was gone for real this time. That she was dead and I felt my heart ache then thinking of never seeing her again or hearing her laugh.