Chapter 14

Lana

Lana

To this day I still continue to wait for every bad thing to finally turn good. But it felt like the universe continued to throw one bad thing after another right at me. All I wanted was to not have to worry about everything all at once. For once in my life I'd like to feel completely happy. I'd like not to worry about someone betraying me or worst of all someone I love to lie to me.

I exhaled and tried to forget exactly what had happened. But it seemed it was impossible to forget. All the new information was beginning to confuse me and I couldn't stay in Central city any longer when I wanted to forget it all. I couldn't think about that when I had something more important I needed to focus on at the moment. It wasn't just about me anymore. 

Now I had nothing else to worry about but to bring AiPhil down. Right before entering the walls of AliPhil I inhaled and exhaled trying to forget of the Lana I was outside these doors and trying to remember the Lana I should have been all this time. The Lana who had never let anyone get close enough to hurt her. I was here for one reason and one reason only and that was the only mission I cared about.

It didn't matter what I had to do to accomplish it, I was going to do just about anything.

Josh deserved that much. He deserved to be avenged. Josh and so many other people AliPhil had hurt since they came into power. Once the elevator doors opened I walked out and looked around the room as I walked closer to the debriefing room.

"For you" a woman says handing me a file

I took it and began to read it over. When I was half way done I saw Liam and Rick walk into the room. I walked closer to them sitting down at a desk and pretended I was doing something while I tried to listen to them. They tried to be quiet about what they spoke about but they failed. I continued to flip through the papers in the folder as I heard Rick say Carl's name. Right away I looked up to where they stood. I was worried about Carl's life and what it would do to Damon. I wanted him to have a better life than I had up to now.

"Do something about it" Rick simply tells Liam

"And his son?" I can hear Liam ask

"Him too" Rick says shrugging

I quickly looked away seeing as Rick walked away and Liam turned to look at me. I flipped another paper and read about my next mission. It was a man who was an ex member. I knew AliPhil would kill anyone who ceases to be of use and I had the feeling that it would soon be Carl. I just hoped I was wrong.

I read over the same line trying to erase the negative thoughts when I felt someone stand beside me. "I see your wandering eyes"

I looked up seeing Liam standing right beside me leaning against the table.

"Do you now?" I ask smirking "have my wandering eyes caught something of interest? Maybe something I shouldn't have?" I asked

"In this lifestyle it's better not to get attached" he says removing his hand from the table and standing tall