Chapter 16

Lana

Lana

I stood outside looking up at a house. I smiled feeling it had been so long since I'd seen it. The day was beautiful, it was warm out and I inhaled the sweet scent of the flower bushes.

I felt different. I felt as if nothing bad had ever happened. I was happy and content with life. I looked up at the door, seeing it open and a certain blonde walked out closing the door behind him.

He smiled as he met my eyes. The sun shined down on him making his hair look lighter. I felt my breath get caught on my throat and I felt like crying but I didn't know why.

"Hey babe" Josh says walking down the steps and hugging me

I smiled widely as I saw him walk to me. I hugged him back and held on tight feeling like it had been so long since I had seen him. I inhaled his scent and it brought me comfort.

"What's wrong?" He asks hugging me back

"Nothing I just feel weird" I say looking up at him

I placed my hand on his cheek and stared into his eyes. "It's nothing"

"Sara is waiting for you, come on, your things are packed and in the car. Let's go before we're late" he chuckles

"Sara's sister is getting married, maybe it's time we took that step also?" I say shrugging as we walk to the car "I mean we already live together"

Before he gets into the car he turns to look at me from the driver's side and smiles. "Are you ready to take that step now?" He asks

"Yeah, I love you, you love me. I mean we've always done everything out of order" I shrug "we're working backwards"

I stop smiling thinking I've said something like that in a different place or to someone else. I shrug the feeling and focus on Josh.

"Every time I ask you, you always come up with something" he says walking around the car to stand in front of me "I'm asking if you think you're ready now?" He says holding my hands "because I don't want to pressure you into this"

"I think I'm ready to settle down josh" I smile widely "with you, you're the only guy for me"

"Okay" he says kissing me "okay, it's done" he says kissing me again "now I just buy the ring and I come up with some cheesy way to propose to you" he says kissing me again and walking to the drivers side again

We get in and Josh starts the car and reverses out of the driveway. Soon enough we were driving to Star city for the wedding.

I looked out the window as I listened to the music being played and sometimes even Josh singing along with the song. The buildings continued to disappear as the trees appeared. It seemed like a long time but eventually we arrived. I looked up and saw the big house.

"Whoa" josh says leaning closer in his seat

"Whoa indeed" I say doing the same "rich people"

"Can't believe Sara is marrying into this" he says "well through her sister"