Chapter 10

Lana

Lana

It was a cold night. The room was dead silent. The coldness was not only in the room but it also seeped into my body. I jumped up from the bed feeling the terror rise within me once again. Looking around the room I felt I was back on that cold floor in that cold room. I could feel my breath get stuck in my throat. I tried to breathe in but couldn't really force it in or out. I realized I had held my breath thinking if I did inhale I would swallow the water again.

After a while I let the breath i had trapped in my throat out and began to try and steady my rapid breathing. After I looked around the room I couldn't help but feel so alone. Looking toward the window i noticed I had not closed the curtain. I realized I didn't want to, it made me feel safer. Made me feel like I could see an attack when it was coming.

I laid back down onto the bed and turned my head to the side table beside my bed. My eyes landed on the gun resting on the side table and I grabbed it pulling it closer to my chest. My finger rested on the trigger as I held the gun to my chest. I moved my head to face the ceiling and I closed my eyes wishing I could sleep again.

Beside me I could feel Shade move slightly as she curled up closer to my side.

It seemed like an eternity when I finally opened my eyes and saw the sunlight. I sat back up from where I laid and looked at the time. I placed the gun back into the drawer and began to get ready.

"Damn it" I mutter running my hand through my hair

I quickly drove to CC jitters and grabbed myself a very needed coffee. I knew sooner or later i would be back to myself but until then i had to try harder. I needed to re train and learn to find the person I used to be. 

Before I knew it I was driving straight to STAR Labs. I was parked outside the building still holding onto my coffee in hand. My eyes traveled up the big building and I exhaled. Before I realized it I was walking down the hallway into the cortex. It's as if I was too tired to control my own body and instead it was controlling me. I finally walked into the cortex earning looks from everyone in the room.

"Lana, hey, how are you feeling?" Barry asks walking closer to me

"I am slightly better than I was before" I say going to take a seat and ignoring the pain I was feeling all over my body

"Damn" I can hear Cisco say

"It looks worse than it feels" I say to him

My hand reached up to the busted lip and cut along my face. I look down at my hand and arms seeing the big purple bruises along my skin.

"Do you need anything?" Caitlin asks the worry behind her voice

"No, I'm fine. I've been through worse" I say

They began talking about another meta that was causing trouble around the city as I continued to daze off. I quietly stood from where I sat and walked to the back of the room and into the Medbay. I could still hear them all continue to talk as I walked straight to the medicine cabinet. I knew and I was sure Caitlin had something strong here. I needed something to numb the pain I felt and hopefully I could find something that could help me sleep at night. I opened the glass doors and looked through all the medicine. I quickly took one for the pain and wished it worked fast.