Chapter 34

Lana

Lana

It was still dark out but I knew soon the sun would rise. Even if Barry laid beside me I still felt all alone in this room.

I laid looking up at the ceiling. I could see the lights reflect onto it as the cars drove by outside.

I could feel Barry beside me and I turned to face him when he called my name. "You know what I want right now?" I say to him

"Anything" he tells me

"Those little sugar cookies you would buy when I was pregnant" I tell him "they were always so good"

"Okay, well that might take a while to find a store that is open and has them baked" he says sitting up "but I'll see what I can do"

"Thank you" I say nodding my head

"The whole team is working on this okay. You and Iris will be safe" he says

"I love you" I say placing my hand against his cheek

"And I love you" he says kissing me

Once he was out of the room I sat up refusing to cry. Sitting on the edge of the bed I looked out to the direction of the window. Grabbing my phone from the night stand I got up and walked to the window looking out. Pressing the call button I pressed it against my ear and waited for an answer.

"Hello?"

"Hi" I say

"Lana?" She asks "it's time isn't it? You didn't find a way?"

"Nothing yet, but-" I begin

"Please don't do anything stupid" she says

"Bette you know me" I force a chuckle "I am going to try everything I can to get out of that prison and if I don't make it out I just- I just want you guys to know-"

"I know" she says "hold on let me get Damon"

I waited and heard the phone being passed.

"Lana?"

"Hey buddy" I say smiling trying not to cry "how's everything?"

I couldn't help but feel sad I wouldn't see him anymore. If I knew myself I knew I would do anything I could to fight savitar even if it caused me my life.

"It's really nice. Auntie Bette is going to take me camping. We're going to the campsite not far from home" he continued to ramble

"That's great buddy, listen I'm going to be out for some time" I begin "but I want you to know I will try to get back really soon okay"

"What about me?" He asks

"You don't have to worry. Barry will take care of you and he's going to have help from everyone" I tell him "when you get back from camping auntie Bette will bring you home. I will try to get home as soon as I can"