Chapter 45

Her phone starts to ring and leaves everyone to a stop. She starts walking inside like she owns the place and sits on the sofa like she is the queen. Isaac and Dylan also relax. She picks up, "Hello."

The other line says, "Mummy, you took so long. I tho--"

Ruby smiled, "No need to work up that little brain of yours."

Elena defended, "I don't have a little brain."

Ruby continued, "I miss you."

Elena cheered through the other line, "I miss you too, Mummy."

Isaac asks, "Is that Elena?" Ruby nods and Isaac says, "Let me talk to her."

She nods and informs that her uncles want to talk. She seemed happy and gave the phone to them. Their smiles are so bright that it can blind someone, as they talk to Elena. Ruby takes that opportunity to slip and go to the kitchen.

Nobody is at the kitchen, she goes directly to the fridge and starts to rummage through it. A deep voice announces, "I thought you were dead."

Ruby looks up and sighs and says, "Leave me alone, Peter."

Before Peter had a chance to answer, another man entered with full of hope. He runs to Ruby, but she dogged the hug by running to the other side.

In front of her was her father, the one that supposed to protect her, yet... He looked hurt that he didn't get an embrace from her daughter. He whispered, "Ruby."

Ruby corrected, "Alpha Warzone."

Her father looked surprised to hear those two little words, but Ruby could care less. Too much hurt was around the air, and forgiveness was for the weak.

When you forgive someone, you move on. But she didn't want to move on, she wanted on the same spot that she was years ago, so she could remember how she became who she became. She was too angry to care if they felt hurt by her behaviour.

Finally, he said, "I missed you so much. I never believed that you had died."

Ruby laughed and corrected, "You mean you missed someone to beat around."

Her father's expression dropped and tried to explain, "Please forgive me. I was angry and--"

Ruby said, "And I was a child, your child. Because of you, I was mistreated by everyone, you... Never mind, I don't care. You don't mean anything to me. I found my true family."

Her father sneered, "You mean the murderers."

Ruby's wolf felt wicked and slip, "Wish I could have met them earlier, you would have been dead."

Her father's face was full of horror and before Peter could say anything, a smiling Dylan walked in and said, "Your fiancé wants to talk with you."

Her father whispered something, but Ruby ignores. She smirks and puts her phone on her ear. She walks outside of the house and greets, "Wish you were here."

Jeremy says from the other line, "Already missing me?"

Ruby said huffed, "Yes, so much."

Jeremy hummed, "I love you."

Ruby echoed, "I love you too." She continues with the question, "How are our children?"

Jeremy said, "I love when you say our children. I love our family."

Ruby smiled, "Me too."

Jeremy continued, "Both of them miss you. When are you coming back?"

Ruby scoffed, "Hopefully soon, depends on my ex-mate."

Jeremy seemed to choke on something and after a while, he said, "Ex?"

Ruby nodded and said, "Yes, I'm helping his pack."

Jeremy demanded, "Come back."

Ruby said, "You know very well that I can't. The Queen wants that solved and I want this rogue."

Jeremy said, "Then I am coming there."

Ruby asked, "Do you trust me?"

Jeremy said without missing a beat, "Of course, but --"

Ruby interrupted, "But nothing. I will handle. I handled you."

Jeremy laughed lightly and agreed, "You did."

Ruby announced, "I have to go. I love you."

Jeremy echoed, "I love you."

Ruby hung up the call with a bright smile, but when turned around her expression changed. There stood an angry Peter Hale.

It was like his wolf wanted to take charge, however, he was trying his best to stop. She was aware that he was jealous and angry about her relationship and depending on what he heard.

She shrugged her shoulders and started walking inside when she dragged back inside. Peter asked, "You have children with him?"

Ruby answered, "Yes."

Peter shouted, "They are supposed to mine."

Ruby said, "But they aren't."

This seemed to take Peter over the edge, so Ruby pressed, "You rejected. You lost your opportunity."

Peter was about to come back when she roughly took her hand back and slapped across the cheek. The red handprint showed on his cheek and she smirked, "You deserve more, but for now it works."

Peter looked surprised and Ruby walked inside without any more words. She saw Isaac and Dylan standing near to the door and they were smirking.

They had listened to everything, but Ruby didn't care. Peter wasn't important. Her life was in London, while Indiana meant pennies to her.

She got closer to Isaac and Dylan and asked, "Who wants to see my hometown?"

Dylan asked, "Does it involve food?"

Ruby smiled, "Yes, let's go."

Ruby walked out and they walked around Ruby's hometown showing her favourite spots and the happy memories that she conjugated. She could see on their eyes a small amount of sorrow towards her but wave it off.

*****

Read, vote and comment!