Prologue

When Cross went to fetch Neah's vessel, he did not expect a cute, and maybe slightly insane, girl with dead eyes. Nor did he expect her to already know all about Exorcists and Noah. Fem!Allen

Disclaimer: I don't own D Gray-man nor any pictures that may be used.

================

'Damn that Neah, planning something like that....'

General Cross was irritated, mainly because of his job of errand boy right now. Not only will he have to pick up a certain child, but he'll have to raise the brat too. And he never liked children.

Unless it was a girl of course, considering that he flirts with women so much and he has enough heart to be softer on the opposite gender.

'Where is the brat anyway? He's supposed to be around here.'

Arriving at a graveyard, Cross had noticed that some of the tombstones were damaged, indicating that he was at the right place. And if that was not enough, the remains of a skeleton made of dark matter were on the ground nearby, destroying the last bit of doubt.

'The brat really has made quite a scene, for a brat. And there he is, sleeping on the gravest—'

"Wait, what the hell!?!?!"

Indeed, he spotted the person he was looking for, but what Cross thought of what was going to be bratty boy who he could always dump his debts on was utterly demolished.

Instead, he saw a cute girl, who seemed to be too innocent for the world she was going to be thrown into. Just one look at her face Cross knew for sure that this girl grows to be a stunning woman in the future.

And because "he" is actually a "she," he'll have to change some of his plans a bit. Including the plan of dumping debt on his new pupil. He's not that cold-hearted, besides girls are better than boys when trying to get a woman.

The girl herself, hearing Cross' not-so-hidden shout, looked at the man straight on. Cross resisted the small urge to flinch at the sight of how dead the girl's eyes were, instead opting to calmly walking towards the girl as if he never lost his composure. The girl did not move, still in despair from the previous event that happened in the graveyard. Cross stood in front of the girl, before kneeling down, a yellow creature with wings on his head.

"There's no way to help it other than by destroying it," Cross spoke. "Being born with an Anti-Akuma weapon, what a destiny you carry. It seems that you have also been given a destiny by God."

"Do you want to become an exorcist?"

The girl looked at Cross, expression blank. What she said had surprised Cross even more.

"This....arm of mine really is a weapon...How fitting for a monster like me to have a destiny to kill other monsters."

"Do you know of exorcists and Akuma?" Although Cross was surprised, he made sure to make it hidden.

The girl seemed to ignore him. "I should have never existed, if I wasn't here Mana would still be alive, living peacefully. Instead, I killed the one who actually cared for me......It's all my fault, all of it, myfaultmyfaultmyfault..."

She kept repeating the same words over and over, until Cross did something so out of character, all of his acquaintances would have laughed at him.

He hugged the girl, effectively shutting her up, as her eyes widened in shock.

"Yeah, you're a monster, but you can kill other monsters and set their souls free with that weapon of yours. That's why Mana wanted to be destroyed; you were the one that let him out his cage."

Slowly, but surely, her eyes began to regain the shine it once had at those words. Her eyes watered, and she began to bawl profoundly as Cross awkwardly let her.

'Crap, how do adults handle this shit? This is too sappy for me...'

Eventually the girl had finally stopped her crying, falling asleep in his arms. Picking up the girl and shifting her to a more comfortable position, he carried the girl and went along his way.

Despite Cross having traveled with the girl, Allen Walker, for many years and developing a close relationship, he could never get used to some of her habits.

Allen had already known how to use her Innocence, and she knew all about the Black Order, including the dirtier side like the Second Exorcist Project. In fact, there was barely anything to teach the girl (which Cross was kind of glad for— less work for him to do), having learned everything she needed for the life she going to. But that was only one of the facts of Allen that unnerved Cross.

Allen seemed to have a strange habit of talking aloud to herself, and Cross himself had an idea of who she's talking to. Although until he has proof, he can't confirm his theory.

"Master, where are we going today?" Allen asked.

Cross was sitting down on a chair, smoking a cigarette and Timcamphy on his shoulder. Allen was sitting down on the ground in front.

"You are going to be going to the Black Order, to officially become an exorcist. You know where the Black Order is, right?" Allen nodded.

"Will you also be coming?"

"No. Timcampy will be accompanying you, and I already sent a letter of recommendation to the supervisor."

"I understand, but why aren't you coming, Master?"

At this moment, Cross had gotten up and started to walk towards Allen. Allen, confused by her Master's actions, tilted her head at him. Cross stood from behind Allen and said,

"Well, you see, I absolutely hate it there!"

And with a single chop to the neck, he effectively knocked the fifteen-year-old girl out. Even if he was a gentleman, his hatred towards the Black Order overrode almost everything else.

At least he didn't use a hammer to hit her head. That would have been more painful and traumatizing.

And so, this was the beginning of Allen Walker's, the pupil of Cross Marian, story.