Chapter 18

'For all my life, I've been a useless person. When I fail at something, I try again. When I give up, I regret it and try again. It would've been better if I stopped trying if I can't do anything right. Yet no matter what, I always end up trying again. Even though I'm good at nothing, even though I just make things worse, I try again.

'I've never been thanked for my efforts because they never helped anyone. No one has ever given me any form of appreciation because I was useless in everything.

'Until these two came along.'

================

"I-Innocence...?" Miranda couldn't believe what she was seeing; her clock had responded to her pleas?

With the chiming of the clock beside her, Miranda's hair flew out of its bun, and a strong light started to envelop her and Allen. Before long, the light enclosed them in a dome of clocks, a giant clock of some sort forming above them.

Within the dome, the giant clock began to move backward and Miranda's and Allen's "time" appeared, only to be absorbed within the giant clock above them. In mere seconds, all of their wounds healed as if they never existed. Allen opened her eyes and sat up.

"A-Allen-chan, y-you shouldn't get up so suddenly...! A-are you alright...?!" Miranda worried. Allen turned to Miranda and gave a small smile.

"I'm fine Miranda-san, and that's because of you. Thank you Miranda-san, for everything."

Miranda froze again, and before she knew it she was crying. Allen's smile grew bigger, aware of what those tears are for. Allen then got up, startling Miranda.

"I'm going to get Lenalee and see if your Innocence can heal her as well. Plus I need to make sure that Road and the Akumas out there doesn't destroy the barrier your Innocence made for us," Allen explained.

Miranda nodded, still worried for the girl. Allen turned towards the dome and readied her Crown Clown.

Outside the dome...

The Akumas were about to attack the dome that formed when a giant claw shot out. It didn't hit the Akumas, but instead, it was heading towards Road,

"Road-sama!!" Just before it hit Road jumped away, but the claw had grabbed the giant chair that Lenalee was sitting on, dragging the girl inside the dome. Road's eyes narrowed when she noticed the state of Allen's Innocence.

"Her hand...there were no injuries on it..."

Inside the dome...

"I-is Lenalee-chan okay...?!" Miranda asked.

Allen nodded, noticing Lenalee was holding onto something tightly as Allen was checking her pulse. "She'll be okay in a bit. I think the sound attacks from one of the Akumas paralyzed her nerves."

"I-isn't that really bad...?!?"

"Normally it is, but within your Innocence, our injuries will disappear temporarily. See, she's starting to wake up."

True to Allen's words, Lenalee began to gain consciousness. It wasn't long before her eyes got light back within them and she became aware of her surroundings. Her hand loosened its hold, Timcamphy shooting out and almost hitting Allen in the face if it weren't for her quick reflexes. And with those same reflexes, she grabbed Timcamphy's tail, who somehow started to sweat profoundly, trying to escape Allen's hold.

"Timcamphy...I'll crush you later." Timcamphy started to sweat more at Allen's dark smile. It breathed a sigh of relief (but was still fearing for its life; when Allen says she'll do something she'll do it.) when Allen turned to Lenalee. "More importantly, Lenalee are you alright?"