Chapter 10

"Lala...Are you crying?"

"That's a strange question, but I can hear something what you would call sadness..."

"..."

"Guzol, why did you tell them you were the doll?"

"I am an ugly human, yet I too am very selfish...Lala, will you stay by my side?"

"Guzol..."

"I do not want you to be...broken by those people. I want to do it myself...Will you allow me to...?"

An embrace.

"Of course, Guzol....Lala is your doll after all. What should I sing next."

Tears fell.

"I-I am an ugly human..."

Footsteps and two heads turn to meet with two others.

================

Eventually the doll noticed that she and her partner was being watched and began throwing pillars at the spectators.

Kanda had to quickly throw Toma somewhere (he did not flinch at the aura that came from the Moyashi) and proceeded to jump away in one direction, and Allen in the other.

Able to think quickly, Allen destroyed all possible weapons in her path as she was dodging to prevent the doll was using any as weapons. Kanda quickly realized too, for the male kept slashing everything in his sight.

Just as the doll was about to toss the last pillar at hand, Allen appeared before her, and crushed it with her Innocence claw. Unable to escape death, the doll fell in despair. But there was something she had to do first before she disappears.

"Please, Guzol'll die soon!!! Until his death, don't separate us, I'll give you my heart I promise!!!" The doll, Lala begged.

"Guzol was the only who was able to fulfill my wish; I had wanted to sing but no other human would let me! Guzol gave purpose to my existence; without him I would still be wandering to fulfill my created purpose. Guzol's heartbeats becomes quieter and soon it will stop. After Guzol dies, I won't care what happens to me, I just want to be with the man who made my 500 years of loneliness disappear at the end...Please!!!"

'I'm touched.' Neah commented sarcastically.

'You are Noah; your entire existence rejects Innocence.' Crown Clown deadpanned.

And of course, with Allen's soft heart, she immediately accepted the request. Kanda was much stricter with the decision.

"This is a war!!!!" Kanda argued. "Sacrifices must be made, and we can't wait for this old man's life to end while the Akuma is still alive!! We are destroyers, not saviors!!!"

Kanda pointed his katana at Lala as Guzol embraced her, both fearing the outcome. Kanda slightly widened his eyes at the sight of Allen standing in his way.

Allen glared at Kanda. "Even so, sacrifices are not something that can be made so easily. If needed I will be the sacrifice in this story; I will finish what I should have before and defeat the Akuma. You should not have a problem then, correct?"

Kanda growled. "Don't you dare have anything that's important to you?!?!"

Allen's eyes suddenly became a bit duller, her bangs covering her face in a dark shadow.

"I have already lost what was so dear to me long ago. Because of that I have resolved myself to helping others keeping what's dear to them safe so they would not have to experience what I had to. I can't always succeed, but at least I try."