Chapter 23

Everyone was frozen in fear of what was in front of them. Well, almost everyone.

'Kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!' Allen flinched at the sheer volume of Neah's scream.

'Neah. Shut. Up.' Crown Clown seemed to be on the verge of shouting back. 'More importantly, that man—'

In all honesty, the main thing she was able to focus on with the screaming in her head was the sound Krory made when slurping the man's blood.

It was disgusting. Period. Even she made sure to show manners when eating.

'...Probably shouldn't be thinking like that right now.'

At the same time Lavi was able to snap out of his stupor to react, both exorcists activated their Anti-Akuma weapons, pointing them toward Krory as the villagers ran away behind them.

"Now what, Allen?" Lavi asked, fear nowhere to be seen.

"Make sure not to get bit, or Lenalee will never talk to us again. Besides, even if he's not an Akuma, it doesn't change the fact that we can't let the citizens get killed."

'Allen, that's the thing. What I was trying to say before Neah screamed is that the man that Krory has attacked is most likely an Akuma. Because of my injuries it was difficult to detect, so it was only when Krory passed by us that I was able to sense the Innocence within him. Aleister Krory is not a vampire; he's an accommodator,' Crown Clown declared, causing Allen's eyes to widen slightly.

'Even if you say that, I can't tell Lavi without proof. If he found out about you two, it could get dangerous,' Allen retorted. 'Actually Neah, why couldn't you tell either?'

'I was too busy being scared!!! Accommodator or not, that man's scary, especially for a Noah like me!!' Neah tried to defend.

Allen was irritated. 'You can tell me all about that in detail later. Right now, I have to fight him, accommodator or not.'

Lavi made the first move while Allen was having a mental conversation. He slammed his hammer onto the vampire, growing it as large as possible. Lavi's celebration of victory was short-lived, paling what he saw under the hammer.

With his teeth, the top was held mere inches away from Krory.

"Oi, oi, oi. What the hell's with those teeth?!?" Krory wasn't done. With the tip of the hammer still in his teeth, he tilted his body and threw the hammer (and Lavi, who was riding on top of his weapon) away. Allen took this chance to grab Krory with her Innocence arm, done with her mental conversation.

"I won't let you escape. Please calm yourself."

All of a sudden, Krory started to laugh hysterically, unnerving Allen. "So you children are monsters, too?"

Allen narrowed her eyes. "We're exorcists."

Krory was smiling, which was not a good sign. "I see, well I'm a bit busy, so please..."

"...Let go of me!!!!!" And Krory promptly bit Allen's Innocence hand.

"...!!!!" Allen was shocked, flinching only slightly in pain. Krory's drinking Allen's blood could be heard across the area.

'He bit me!!' And he's drinking my blood!!!

'Nooooooooooo!!!! My niece is going to turn into vampire, now!!!'

'What did I just say, Neah. He. Is. An. Accommodator. The only things truly in danger are Akuma. That said, though, I wonder what regular human blood tastes for him...'