Chapter 13

"I've escaped from today!!!!!"

The shout came from a lady whose face filled with joy as she ran off to somewhere, ignoring the fact she almost died from an Akuma.  After destroying the Akuma, Allen stared blankly at the direction the woman ran in.

'That the target?' Allen thought blankly.

'As much as I dread to admit, but yes that's who we are looking for technically.'

'With her I think even more about Innocence, and not in good ways.'

'I do not know what the other pieces think at this moment, but apparently this woman was attracted to the object the Innocence we are looking for was residing in and we can imagine from there.'

Sighing Allen left the area and decided to go the place where she would meet with Lenalee.

================

"So, this is who we should look for?" Lenalee asked.

Allen nodded, a bit nervous. "Sorry, my drawing skills aren't really...."

Lenalee shook her head frantically. "No this is good!  I think I'll be able to recognize her."

"R-really?"

On the paper Lenalee was holding was a drawing Allen made of the woman from earlier.  It was pretty accurate, definitely not the best, but overall, one could see the resemblance between the picture and the real thing.

"But why did you lose her?"

Allen cringed slightly. "She was running really quickly, and it took me a while to snap out of my stupor at the sight of her actions.  It wasn't long before I lost her.  Really sorry."

Lenalee sighed. "Next time let's go together just in case.  On my side I tried to leave this town, but somehow, I ended back in the village.  Nii-san's theory was right."

A day ago, Komui had sent Allen on another mission, this time with Lenalee as her partner.  It had been three months since her last mission, so she was due for another one pretty soon after all. 

Komui was buried in piles of papers as he gave the mission details in a tired voice.

"Maybe, the Innocence might probably be there.  Not absolute but it might be there, probably maybe." Komui was sulking.

Allen was a bit annoyed. "We got it Komui, just maybe."

Komui shivered at Allen's smile. "T-there seems to be a town that constantly rewinds.  It's possible time and space are stopped at one day and the residents are constantly experiencing the same thing over and over again."

Reever continued, also as worn out as his supervisor. "This all started when a nearby liquor store got a call from a village to bring ten barrels of rose wine before the tenth but found out they couldn't enter the village.  Because of that the owner has tried to contact the one who ordered the barrels when he returned but couldn't reach them.  Even since then the store has been getting the same call every day, and still unable to enter the village.  Oh, and the owner of the liquor store is now in the hospital for neurosis."

Allen sweatdropped at that last piece of information. Komui spoke up again.

"I want to research more, but the finders can't enter either.  So, my current theory is first, if this is the work of Innocence, then others who have Innocence should be able to enter.  Second, even if you do enter you may not be able to exit as the vortex of the area is probably twisted." Komui's tone was serious.