❇️1 - New Life❇️

❇️Alexander Hamilton❇️

"Hey, little Lion, you don't have to be so afraid about all this. I mean, hey, we haven't seen each other in years, but y'know, it'll be just like old times! Except we're older and matured. There is nothing to be scared about! In fact, you should be excited like me! I'm ecstatic to meet you! Aren't you ecstatic to meet me?" My lifelong fried said sweetly through the video call. His name was John Laurens. I hadn't seen him in years and I was a nervous wreck! My emotions were normally all over the place but today was different. I was goddamn sweating bullets! I was so scared to meet him again.

"Y-Yeah, of course I am! I just— you know— I mean, I don't know! Ugh! I'm just...overwhelmed. I mean, we haven't seen each other since childhood and I'm scared. I have never been away from someone for so long." I explained.

Thinking about the day I left him was a memory I did not like to think about often. It was a terrible day. I never wanted to imagine it again. But today just brought back the flashbacks.

Flashback

"You're...leaving?" John asked, his eyes widened.

I awkwardly looked at the ground and fiddled with my thumbs, "Yeah...I have to move to the Caribbean because dad left and we can't afford the house anymore. So we just have to go some place not expensive...I'm so sorry, Laurens. I promise I'll come and visit you in South Carolina again one day! Okay?" I tried my best to stay positive so he wouldn't react as bad.

But that didn't help.

"B-But... You can't just leave me like this! You've known me since we were born! This is— This is unfair!" He said. I noticed his eyes tearing up. Panic swept through me.

"I-I know it is! B-But please understand. We can keep in touch! It'll be like I never left. Okay?" I stepped closer to him as tears fell from his eyes. My heart shattered.

I embraced him tightly and he instantly hugged back, crying into my shoulder.

About ten minutes later, when John had calmed down he sniffed and said, "I'm gonna miss you, Hammy. So so much."

I smiled, even though I was tearing up, "Me too."

"Pinky promise we'll see each other again?"

I linked pinkies with him.

"Promise."

Flashback over

"Aww, you're so cute nervous, Hammy! Haha, don't worry about it! We'll just meet again and chill out together for the rest of the day, like I said, it'll be just like old times! It'll be fun!"

I smiled, "You're right. I should really calm down. I mean, I—"

I heard the honk of a taxi from in front of me. I looked up and stepped toward it, "Oh, my taxi is here. We'll talk later."

"Okay, try not to freak out. Bye!"

I hung up and stepped into the car. I told the driver the address then leaned back into the seat and took a deep breath.

"Just calm down, Alexander, it'll be just like old times." I said, repeating my friend's words.

Just calm down.

---Timeskip, brought to you by Sammy the turtle 🐢---

I looked out the window of the taxi, admiring the tall and bright buildings of New York City. It was so different from the Caribbean. It was a miracle that I managed to earn money to live here. I'm pretty much loaded now!

The taxi soon came to a stop which was near the college campus. I paid the driver the money he needed and stepped out the car. I looked around at the school I would be attending the next day.

I made my way to the dorms with my hoodie up. This is so nerve wrecking!

⭐️John Laurens⭐️

Okay, I know that I had previously given Alexander a pep talk about not being nervous, but I was pretty damn nervous too! Every second that passed by felt like minutes. And those minutes turned into hours, it seemed. Where is he!? I've been waiting for over an hour and the suspense is killing me!

Before I could think, the doorbell rang. I sprung up from the couch as my heart began to pound.

I ran to the door and took a deep breath.

This is it! Don't screw it up!

I opened the door and said happily, "Hey, Alexander—! Peggy?"

The familiar brown-haired girl smiled warmly at me.

"Hi, Laurens! Just wanted to stop by and say hello! How is your new dorm? Do you have a hot roommate?" She nudged my with a sly grin. I awkwardly laughed.

"Haha, no, Pegs, remember what I told you? About my old friend?"

She gasped and covered her mouth, "OH YEAH, THAT'S RIGHT!" She hugged me, "Oooh, I'm so excited for you, John! Is he here yet?"

"No, not yet, I'm afraid he's a bit late..." I said awkwardly.

"Oh, I see. I bet he's just got lost, haha. I remember you telling me he's a bit clumsy."

"Yeah, he is and— HOLY FUCK!" My eyes caught the attention to a short person with long brown hair and brown eyes awkwardly standing about five feet behind Peggy.

ALEXANDER. FUCKING. HAMILTON.

I pushed Peggy aside and embraced my old friend with all my strength. He hugged back with his face in my shoulder.

"Alexander!!!" I shouted. Peggy from behind me was 'aww'ing.

He awkwardly laughed, "I told you to call me Alex."

"You're even smaller than I remember, haha!" I pulled away and held his face in my hands. "God, I missed you so much."

He blushed, "I-I missed you too, goofball." He hugged me once more, taking in my scent. I giggled and hugged back.

I was so happy to be reunited with my crush!

I mean, what?

Haha, pretend you didn't hear that.

Let me rephrase that: I was so happy to be reunited with my old friend.

-

Haha, I know I'm already working on two other books at once but who cares? I just got many ideas and wanted to turn it into a book.

So I wanted to do this fun thing where I post a book during pride month and post a chapter evey day of the month until the end of it? Idk, it just sounded neat to me. I'll try to stick with it!

I hope you're looking forward to: Pride, A Lams college AU. 

Prepare to be overjoyed, sad, and angry as hell at me. ;)

Love you all!! Bye!!!

(First published: 6:14 PM June 1st, 2017)

-Kitty