Nine

Chapter Nine
Negotiations On Fire
[ Braxton ]

"Shall we get down to why we're truly hear Mister Ocklan?"

I nodded in response to one of the three older men. They sat in my office, behind my desk and I was the one being put on the spot.

"Yes sir."    

"Very well then, I think the biggest discrepancy we are having is the fact that up until this past week you have yet to mention this Mate to us, now of course we are beyond pleased that you have in fact found a mate but this dishonor you've brought to your noble family name by waiting to bring her up, and might I mention have still failed to present her to us properly."

"For that I do apologize sirs, Harper is a human and very delicate in certain situations, of course she is all new to this life so it can be more than a bit overwhelming for her, I had every intention of introducing her to the three of you as we had actually discussed setting up her marking, and we were needing your blessings on her beginning formal Luna training with my mother."

"There is an order in which you did keep to Alpha Ocklan." One of the others spoke up now, clearly upset. "Inform us of your Mate, Present your Mate to us, Mark your Mate, Begin Luna Training, Present your Luna to your Pack, Marry if you fell the need and product offspring."

My wolf was growing defensive but we both knew better than to act on it.

"You honor us by seeking our blessing in having your mate properly become a Luna worthy of a Pack such as yours, but the fact remains that your mate is rather behind, isn't she?" The third Council member sounded calmly.

I knew of the three he was the one most recognize as the leader.

"You're correct sir, Harper is a bit behind in the traditions to no fault of hers though, that falls solely on me as I suppose I was trying to keep her to myself a little longer than necessary." It was partially true. "I do want you to know that we have begun to take the steps toward our traditions though, she has been presented to the pack, she is marked, and once again my mother has happily agreed to help Harper with her Luna training."

"She has taken you're official mark for those to recognize her as the true Luna of your Pack?"

I swallowed hard, "Not her official Luna Marking, no...but a simple mark to help wither heat."

The main council member grimaced, "My boy, you do know that any mark other than the Luna's true marking is only going to act as a temporary fix when a Luna is in Heat.?

I didn't have to respond for him to understand that I didn't in fact know that.

"...As an Alpha everything is much more extreme for you and your Mate...where the Heat for ordinary Mates helps the male find and mark their mate...the Luna to be's heat is much more...yes it's to get the Alpha to mark her from every other female...but also to inform other females to step down as a new Luna is beginning to take her ascension into her rightful role...it's a powerful thing that she-wolves can't ignore nor can you Alpha Ocklan...I'd say Mark her as quick as you can, or she will experience sheer torment."

I nodded my understanding as I was now filled with worry.

Harper had said she was fine, but she'd kept herself busy all day...but now that she'd be finishing up her activities for the day her heat would come crashing down on her with a delayed vengeance.