Twenty-Four

-Chapter Twenty-Four-
Alpha Dinner: Part Two
{ Braxton }

"Dinner was absolutely Delicious Luna to be Harper, I want to thank you so very much once again for having me."

"Please it's just Harper." My beautiful mate said with a smile.

"Thank you Gorgeous," I said as she came around to remove my plate, "I'm going to speak with Alpha Trace and Beta Ryder in the office."

"Actually if you both don't mind I need to excuse myself, last minute assignment due." Ryder announced as he got up and thanked Harper for dinner as well, "It's always a pleasure but if you'll all excuse me."

I nodded my acknowledgment and he left after that, Trace followed me into the office and I motioned for him to have a seat as I took my own seat at my desk.

"I know I came over here to discuss Alpha business but to be honest, I can't even remember what I was going to discuss with you." He admitted with a sly looking smirk.

"What's up man...something distracting you?

"More like someone...I found my mate." He admitted.

"Well Congrats man, I'm sure you two will be happy." I smiled as I got more comfortable now. "So why don't you tell me about her?"

"I don't know." He shrugged, "I was hoping you'd tell me a little about her."

I was curious now,  "Is she one of my pack members?"

He shook his head, "I don't know, I couldn't detect a wolf really...sassy red head from earlier."

"Val?!" I asked humored. I should have suspected that if one sister had a Mate with power the other would follow suit as well.

He nodded, "I think Ryder had mentioned her name was Valerie...What can you tell me about her?"

"Uh, not much...But I know someone who knows all about her."

"I'd really love to speak with them, do you think they'd come over on such short notice?" He asked almost desperately.

I smiled, "yeah hold on," I left to find Harper already starting a pot of coffee.

"Hey." She sounded as I approached her. I took the moment to kiss her and for once she didn't blush, but I didn't miss the fact that she also was willing to let it grow into more, but I pulled away knowing Trace was in the office.

She pouted and I chuckled, "you're getting greedy Love."

This time she smirked, "I didn't know what I was missing out on...anyways, did Alpha Trace leave?"

"No, actually I wanted to ask you to join me in the office."

"Of course." She sounded.

I grabbed her hand and walked us into the office, Trace rose from his seat to acknowledge our entrance.

"Harper my Gorgeous...Alpha Trace would like your personal help on finding out as much as he can on his new found mate."

"Absolutely, I'll do what I can." She said looking at him and then back at me with more than a little uncertainty.

He smiled a genuine smile, "Thank you so much Alpha Braxton, Luna to be...what can you tell me about Valerie?"

________

{ Trace's POV }

"Valerie?" Braxton's mate asked for clarification before looking to him almost for answers.