Thirty-Four

Chapter Thirty-Four
The Attorney
{Braxton}

I know I had been pestering her since we had dinner at my mother place, but I had to catch her off guard, now I found my self kneeling with the ring in my hand and she just stood there adorably nodding her head yes.

"Yeah?" I asked for clarification "Like, is that a yes Gorgeous?"

She smiled "Yes that's a yes!" She said excited before she finally came over to me. I stood up and removed the ring from the box before placing it on her finger. "It's beautiful." She said sweetly.

I could tell it was a little big on her so I'd have to get it sized just a little.

"This is an Ocklan family heirloom, every Luna of this pack has worn this engagement ring...It first belonged to my great-great-great grandmother who's family owned a diamond mine in Russia."

"Is that true?" She asked more than a little skeptically.

I shrugged, "Just what I've been told Gorgeous, no way to verify it really." I chuckled, "I can get this sized for you if you want me to hold onto it for a little longer."

She nodded her head, and I bent down to kiss her, "I love you so much Harper."

"And I love you Braxton."

__________

I left my mate alone so she could finish up her work in peace and I went outside to chop some wood for a fire tonight. But as I chopped the wood I suddenly realized, I'm getting married.

I pulled out my cellphone and called my family's attorney.

"Boyd Law firm, how may I direct your call?"

"Please inform Ms. Boyd that Braxton Ocklan is on the line." I said

"One moment sir."

The receptionist put me on hold and I didn't have to wait long. "Braxton!"

"Ivy" I smiled "How've you been?"

Ivy was probably the only girlfriend Ryder has ever had before finding his new mate Zoe, but when they ended things everything was cool...no animosity whatsoever so we all stayed extremely good friends.

Which was good for me as her family has always handled my family's financial and familial affairs.

"I'm alright." She announced. "Same old same old really...just working constantly...-"

"You know, you work too much and your mate is bound to pass you by without you even noticing." I sounded like my mother, but Ivy is a good friend and deserves a good mate by her side.

She only laughed, "If my mate comes along then so be it, if not oh well...I refuse to chase a man and furthermore I need someone who can match my work ethic...I'm not about to be putting in 100 percent and have him putting in like 20 percent."

I laughed and shook my head, "Same old Ivy...stubborn as ever, but I also know you really want a guy...anyways, I'm calling because I need to update a lot of my documents."

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah...since you're always too busy for your friends I don't know if you've heard or not...but I have found my mate last year and just this afternoon I have proposed to her."

"Yeah Dad has filled me in on our new Luna...but congratulations on the engagement, your mother must be thrilled."

"You're actually the first one I've told to be honest." I said as I suddenly realized I probably should have called my mom. "But I know she will be, she loves my mate."

"I'm so happy for you Brax...and hey I can have all the proper documents ready for you to look over, will you be bringing your mate with you?" Ivy asked.

"Will she need to sign off on anything?"

"Anything that may need her signature can be put off until the both of you are ready." She assured me, "I know you...and you probably want to put it off so she may enjoy the engagement without being too overwhelmed by the financial side of things."

I smiled, she was right. "Thank you, and you're right...Harper knows my family is pretty well off and she knows about our house and the lake house, but I don't think she knows quite how well off we really are, or even how many properties I actually own." I admitted with a sigh. "It's not like I was trying to hide anyting from Harper, but I know she doesn't care about those sort of things."

"Brax, it's fine...whenever she is ready just bring her by, but speaking as your friend I would suggest telling her about your accounts and make sure she knows what she's really agreeing to when marrying you, as your attorney, you might want to tell her about the assets as well as draw up a prenup."

"She's my mate Ivy." I growled, "Not some gold digger."

"Like I said...that is my advice as your attorney...at the end of the day what you choose to do is your call, and whenever you can make it to outside of town I'm here for the next two weeks."

"I'll head that way shortly, if you can have everything ready, Harper and I are actually at the lake house so I can pop into town and I will get those signed and take off to get her ring sized down."

"No problem Braxton."

"Thanks Ivy...see you soon."

As I hung up I gathered the wood I had chopped before the phone call and headed back inside as Harper walked out of the office.

"All finished?" I asked.

She nodded, "only just...now what's on todays agenda my Alpha?"

I smiled, I loved hearing her call me that, "I actually have to pop over to the town square for some quick business."

"Oh...well do you mind if I tag along, I wanted to pick up some groceries for a special dinner tonight."

"Of course I wouldn't mind.,.plus I also wanted to get your ring resized while I'm there, because I can't wait to start seeing you wearing it." I said before I bent down and kissed her beautiful lips.

"Well let me just grab my purse and we can head out."

I nodded and patiently waited for her to rejoin me.

But once she returned to my side I didn't hesitate to take her hand and walk us out, I love the woman so much and I truly can't wait to make her my wife.