17 || ❝protect it.❞

❝Okay

Okay. So now we're gonna practice. So, I'm going to play Delilah and you're going to be yourself. Chat like you normally do and try to keep my attention.

Alright. I'll try.

You start. Go.

H-h-hey Delila-

No, we need more confidence. Picture her like she's right in front of you. Keep your chest out, your eyes leveled. Just calm yourself and start again. She's just a girl, she won't bite...hehe.

...

Alright son, let's go.

Alright...hi Delilah.

Better, but you sound terribly glum. Do you want her to think you're boring?

No.

Okay then. Let's try again, boo.

Hey Delilah.

Oh, hey London. Didn't notice you there. What's up?

Just got out of class. What's up with you?

Well I've just been reading this new book. It's pretty good but I wish it was kind of longer...

Oh cool. What's it about?

Oh, it's like this modern-day retelling of Peter Pan. It's kind of weird since the girl isn't named Wendy. To be honest, that kind of threw me off. But it's pretty interesting. And it's short so I can finish it really fast.

Oh, well that's different.

Hahah, yeah.

Right. Oh hey, I was just wondering...

Yeah?

I usually go to the coffee shop down the street after school. Do you want to come and study with me?

LONDON OHMAGERSH!

Huh? What? Am I talking to Delilah or 103?

103.

Oh, I was going to say that randomness was very un-Delilah like.

Shake my head, boy.

...

So please explain to me why the hell you can't talk to her again? That conversation was great!

But that was because I was talking to you.

What does that mean?

Delilah is just as shy as I am, so she's super hard to keep a conversation with.

So just add some extra energy and effort in. Keep talking about things she likes until she catches on and falls for you. I do have to give you props on something though.

What?

The fact that you pay attention and then ask questions about what she's talking about gives you major points dude. It shows you're paying attention. Girls love feedback like that. Then they think you actually are listening.

Okay, noted.

And now I have something to critique too.

...

Have some confidence. You're a smart, bright, and a somewhat funny guy an-

Is this supposed to make me feel any better?

Hey, I wasn't done. If Delilah is too oblivious to realize all that you have to offer, then she doesn't deserve your heart. I mean that truthfully.

Wow, thanks 103. I hate to cut it short, but my mom just came home and needs help bringing in the groceries.

Okay. Catch you later. Good luck winning over your princess.

Thanks. Bye!

See ya.

*click*

London...Delilah may be the apple of your eye but I'm going to make it my duty to protect your fragile, glass heart from being shattered to microscopic pieces. I'll protect it with all I can. I promise.

©Lightning_Stryker 2020