BONUS 6: ❝plagiarism❞

❝This is just so sad, so disappointing

This is just so sad, so disappointing.

What are you talking about?

I was on this writing app and I really liked this one author's book, but she just put out a note saying that...

That what?

That someone stole her idea. Down to the point where the character's names were even similar. Like...that's just childish to be honest. Do people even have originality nowadays?

Man...who does that? That's intellectual property.

That's stealing.

It is. Sucks for that author. No one deserves to go through that.

Right. Could you imagine that though? Like imagine if our story was taken. How would that make you feel? 

How would that even work? Would we just like gender swap and talk about a different subject?

Hah, that'd be hilarious! There could be a dude representative. I'm sure he'd be the charming one. 

*wiggles eyebrows*

Definitely not. The girl would be because she's the driving force of the story.

Whatever, dude.

And what if...

What?

The plagiarizer made it so obvious that the representative went by numbers and it was only a few away from yours?

I'm feeling uncomfy now. Like why?  What's the point? Be original. You have the whole entire world of numbers. There will never be another of me, hun. Sorry to break the news to ya.

An alternate version of Sophie....just imagine.

The point is that people shouldn't be doing that. Ideas and creative word flows belong to their rightful owner. Readers should respect that.

Agreed. Writers put enough of their hard work and effort into their stories. They dedicate hours into their stories and post it on FREE websites for others to enjoy, not to steal. 

So lesson of today is to just be a civil person and keep your hands off of other people's ideas. Being influenced by someone and actually stealing their storyline are two total different things.

Exactly.

©Lightning_Stryker 2019