Never Forgotten

It first started with the ignored text messages and calls. Then, not talking as much as we used to. I started to wonder why I even cared when he couldn't even be bothered to talk to me and I started to care less about what he was doing.

   I lost my best friend sophomore year.

   But that was until today.

•••

   I sit quietly in class, catching up on the work that I forgot to do when I feel a presence beside me. I look to my right a see a familiar face. I scrunch my eyebrows in confusion as I watch him grab his notes.

  He catches my eye and I quickly look away.

"It's okay if I sit here, right?" I nod and he looks back to the front of class.

Does he even remember me?

•••

  After class, I hurry up and scurry out so he won't talk to me. I can't. Not after all the ignoring he did to me two years ago.

  "Wait! Y/n!" I stop abruptly. "I have to talk to you."

  I angry spin around. "So now you have to? Why didn't you two years ago?!? Oh, because you forgot all about me until you saw me today, huh? Chasing after Lydia?" I see a confused look on his face. "Yeah, I know you guys hang out. I'm not a stocker, I'm just observant." I cross my arms.

  A slight smile makes its way onto his face. "You got that from Spider—"

  "Of course I did." I interrupt. "I still have the same movie taste. Now, what were you going to say?"

  He walks closer to me and I step back. He sighs. "I'm sorry. A lot has been going on."

  "Yeah. For me too."

  He looks at me with guilt. "I heard about your parents. I should have helped you—"

  "I'm over it." My voice cracks and I quickly clear it as I watch students pass by. He takes my arm and pulls me into an empty classroom and shuts the door.

  "I never forgot about you, y/n. I didn't want you involved with what was going on in my life."

  "So you completely kicked me out of your life?" I try to control my feelings. "Stiles, this isn't sounding to good for you."

  "I know but just listen. Please." I sigh and reluctantly nod. "I will try to explain everything if you let me. I miss you and it kills me that I pushed you away but I thought it was the right thing to do at the time. So, will you please let me explain and we can go back to being best friends?"

  I sigh again. "Fine."

  He pulls me in for a hug and I giggle. "Thank God."