You're The One That I Want

I watch as Stiles is frantically talking to Lydia as they walk down the hallway

I watch as Stiles is frantically talking to Lydia as they walk down the hallway. Lydia rolls her eyes and stops. Stiles puts his hands on her shoulders and ducks to look into her eyes.

I know he's had a crush on her for years and I can't help but feel jealousy coursing through my veins. I turn back to my locker, slamming the door. I head out to my car in the parking lot since I have no more classes.

"Y/n! Wait up!" I hear a voice shout from behind me, making me walk faster. "Jeez, how do you walk so fast?" I hear him mumble.

I get to my car, fidgeting with my keys, trying to unlock the door. My eyes are burning with tears.

"Hey." Stiles touches my arm. "I thought we were going to get food together?"

I finally get the courage to glance up at him and give him a look. Worry takes over his features when he notices the tears brimming.

"Woah, what's wrong?" His voice is soft.

I shake my head and look at the ground. "I just wanna go home, I'm really tired." I don't want him to think I'm some freaky, jealous girlfriend.

Stiles takes a finger and lifts my chin, causing me to look back up at him. "Please tell me what's wrong."

I sigh, suddenly feeling guilty. "I just- I saw you with Lydia." I shrug. "I know you were in love with her for years-"

"Yeah, I was." Stiles confirms. I close my eyes and my shoulders sag. "I'm with you now. You're the one that I want."

A tear slips and I wipe it away, a small smile forms on my lips. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't be jealous. You're allowed to be her friend." I say, taking his hand.

"Wow, thanks." He says sarcastically. I glare and lightly punch him, he lets out a chuckle. "It's okay. Just, next time, please just talk to me."

I nod and he bends down to give me a kiss on the cheek.

Stiles then lifts our hands and shakes them in the air. "Let's go get some food!" I giggle.

my internet is absolute CRAP and i'm supposed to start college online in 2 weeks with 3 siblings who are also doing online school so that'll be fun.

anyway, pls request 🥺