Abandoned: Part 1

This is my mom and I so the dress I'm describing is my prom dress but y'all can use your own if you'd like:)

   "Hey y/n." I flinch and look to my left to see a grinning Scott McCall. "Sorry. I didn't mean to scare you."

    I awkwardly laugh and shut my locker. "It's okay. What's up?"

     "I have a question." He asks as we start walking towards our fourth period class.

    Scott and I have known each other for years but have gotten closer this year since we have more classes together.

   "And what's that?" I fury my eyebrows.

   "Do you have a date to the dance?"

    I freeze and he notices, stopping with me.

   "No. Scott, you're a great guy and I-" I stutter out.

   He laughs. "Not me. Stiles."

   Oh no. Whyyyy?

   I feel my face begin to burn and I look down, allowing my hair to cover my beat red cheeks. Pshhh, I totally do not have a crush on Scott's best friend.

    "He doesn't have one and I'm going to try to sneak into the dance to get with Allison-"

    "Wait." I stop him and he looks at me. "Why do you need to sneak in?"

    "Bad grades." He clears his throat. "Anyway, will you please go with him? At least have one dance or something so he doesn't feel like a third wheel?" He gives a toothy grin.

  I'm going to regret this because of how embarrassing and awkward I am.

    "Okay, sure." I answer reluctantly.

    "Thank you." He gives another cheesy grin and gives me a side hug. "You won't regret it."
I doubt that.

    I sigh and follow Scott into the classroom.