Chapter 54

Sas

9pm

"Ma, where Bri?" I asked dukes as I walked in ta' her crib.

"She went out but Brooklyn's upstairs sleep." She said, watchin' her show.

"Went out whea'?" I asked.

"Son, I'm not getting into y'all business anymore. I've told you and her this." She said to me.

"Ma, I just want ta' talk ta' her and tell ha' I'm sorry. You know I love that girl, I wouldn't do anything ta' hurt her intentionally." I spoke truthfully and she look at me.

"Then what happened last night?" She looked at me, knowingly.

"I know, I fucked up." I admitted.

"You did and now she's doing what she wants as well." She said and I sighed.

"Whea' she go?" I asked again.

"She went on a date, son." She sighed.

"With who?" I said lookin' away from ha'.

"I don't know the guy." She shrugged.

"He came here?" I asked, gettin' angry and she nodded.

I stood up and pulled my pants up, makin' my way ta' the door.

"Did Brooklyn see him?" I asked and it took her a while ta' answer so I already knew what that meant.

"Son, please don't do anything stupid. You had another woman in y'all home. That girl isn't doing anything more wrong than you are. Y'all just need to sit down and talk this out. Decide what the hell yall are going to do. Got Brooklyn from house hold to house hold." She finally said, lookin' back at me and I shook my head.

"I understand that but Ma it's not me." I told ha'.

"I don't give a damn who it is, y'all need to fix this. It's getting worse every day, son. I'm getting tired of this." She said.

"Y'all need to talk about what you're going to do, if y'all are going to be together, so be it. If y'all are going to be done with each other, leave each other the hell alone and take care of Brooklyn. Stop doing shit to get under each other's skin. Y'all are not only hurting each other but Brooklyn as well." She said and I shook my head.

"As always, takin' her side." I scoffed.

"There's no sides, I tell her the same damn thing!" She raised ha' voice.

"Aight, ma." I said ta' her, goin' ta' the door.

"Can you just tell me whea' she at ma?" I asked, not even lookin' back at her, wit my hand on the door knob.

"Ask her son, I'm not in this." She said puttin' her hands up as I walked out of the door.

I got into my car, slammin' my car door, tryin' ta' calm myself but it wasn't workin'.

I pulled out my phone, roughly pullin' off in my car. I scrolled ta' Bri's contact and called ha'.

"Whea' you at?!" I yelled into the phone as soon as she answered.