12. Dance

HEY GUYS!

OKAY, so listen: I had inspiration and decided to write a chapter for you guys, BUT I'm still working extremely hard on Secret Agents: My Bodyguard to publish it and IT'S COMING!

There'll be a few details changed in the published book but it won't affect this spin-off in any way. For example, the 'secret organization' is no longer the CIA or anything like that. The agency is now completely fictional because that gave me more freedom. I'll tell you more when the book is published, but again, it doesn't change anything to the story. :)

SOOOO, the updates for SAMS won't be back right now, but I'm giving you this chapter today if you want to read it. I can't wait to update this story. I have a lot planned for Alex and in the future, I would love to publish her story as well.

Okay, that was a long author's note. HAPPY READING. ❤️ (grab tissues)

~

Two years ago

"Dance with me."

I smile when I hear his husky voice in my ear. Turning around, I laugh and place my arms around his neck. "What are you gonna do if I refuse?"

Enzo raises his eyebrows, wrapping his arms around my waist. "You seem pretty down, Princess."

Shaking my head, I get closer to him. The tuxedo he's wearing fits his body perfectly. He took off the tie, and for some reasons, it makes him even hotter. I run a hand through his long, soft hair.

"You're so beautiful," he murmurs, leaning his forehead against mine. "I love that dress."

I blush. A few other girls wear the same bridesmaid dress, but I didn't see him look at them the way he's currently staring at me right now. It's a floor-length dark blue dress that I automatically loved when Elena and I saw it. There's an elegant V-neck and the fabric is just so soft.

My eyes find the bride and the groom across the room. They're still dancing, and a smile forms on my lips. Elena wears a gorgeous lacy white gown open in the back. Her blonde hair is pulled into a bun, and a few flowers decorate it.

I cried twice today; before and during the wedding. I wonder if I'll have to redo my makeup a third time today.

I'm just so proud and so happy for her and Jake. She got her happy ending. I guess I got mine, too.

"They look happy," I murmur, smiling at Enzo.

He glances over his shoulder and smiles. "Yeah. Never thought he would get married first."

I raise an eyebrow. "Did you thought you would?"

"Not really. I've never really wanted to get married or even thought about the future." He pauses, his brown eyes locking with mine. "But I think I changed my mind."

My heart skips a beat.

Stay calm, Alex. He didn't propose, you're good.

Noticing my reaction, he chuckles. "Are you okay?"

I clear my throat. "Yeah, sure. Fine, okay. Yeah..."