☆ ELEVEN ☆

chapter songbillie eilish: when the party's over"don't you know i'm no good for you / i've learned to lose you, can't afford to"

chapter song
billie eilish: when the party's over
"don't you know i'm no good for you / i've learned to lose you, can't afford to"

trigger warning: drug use

1979

It was almost showtime and El was nowhere to be found. The band was looking everywhere for her and none of the crew had seen her, either. They had looked all around the back of the venue and it was almost like she had vanished. The Sycophants were playing at some music hall over in England and this was a big deal to all of them, especially Ezra. He was pissed she was fucking this up.

Jude and Del were pacing around when they heard a clatter and bang. Their heads shot up to find El passed out on the ground, seizing and foaming at the mouth. They ran over to her and turned her on her side so she wouldn't choke on her spit.

"Help!" Del screamed. "Somebody call a fucking ambulance!"

El's eyes were rolled back in her head and she was turning an ugly shade of blue. Vera had joined them on the floor and she was scared to death. She wiped her tears away quickly and pushed the hair back from El's face. She was burning up and her seizure showed no signs of stopping. She would come out of it and roll back into another one almost as soon as the previous one had stopped.

Ezra nearly busted his ass trying to get to where the group was sat surrounding El. All his anger had vanished and was replaced by fear. His whole body went numb. "What the fuck!?" El's nose was bleeding and he was smacking her face to try and get her to wake up. It wasn't working. Nothing they were doing was working. The ambulance had arrived and they were all but shoving the band to get her on the stretcher.

-

"Eleanor Wilson, 19 year old female, suffered grand mal seizures from a cocaine overdose." A group of doctors were surrounding her bed as she awoke and goddamn was she confused.

She went to run a hand over her face, but her whole body ached and she moaned in pain. "What's going on?" She croaked.

"Ms. Wilson, how are you feeling?"

"Like shit."

One of the doctors approached her, sitting his hand on the railing of her bed. "How long have you been using drugs? You're awfully young." She didn't care for his tone.

"She's been using since she was 17." Ezra said from the doorway. His arms were crossed over his chest and he had this disapproving look on his face that made her want to spit on him.

"God, Ezra, fuck off!" She groaned.

"We're gonna give you two a minute." The doctor said as he gathered his herd of stuck up students and headed out the door.

Ezra and Jude sat down beside her in the chairs and it was silent. For a long time. "You can't keep doing this," Ezra said.

El scoffed. "You're one to fucking talk."