☆ TWENTY ONE ☆

chapter song:motley crue: starry eyes

chapter song:
motley crue: starry eyes

1983

Nikki had his arms wrapped tightly around El as he cradled her in his arms. The hotel room was pitch black, the only light from the room came from the burning street lights that were dimmed by the blinds. El cried softly into Nikki's chest and he lightly rubbed her back and felt his heart breaking by the second.

"I feel so miserable, Nikki," she wiped the tears from her eyes but they just kept coming. "This is supposed to be fun. I'm with my best fucking friends and touring the world, but the only thing I look forward to is the next show because that means I'm one step closer to going home."

"I'm so sorry," he whispered. "I wish there was more I could do. I hate not being able to fix this for you."

"You being here is enough," she held him tighter, afraid he would disappear.

"I have to leave tomorrow," he frowned.

"I know, but this will tide me over for a little while."

"Love you," he mumbled into her hair.

"Love you more."

"Not possible."

"You're annoying."

"I know."

-

"Baby, room service is here!" Nikki shouted from the room.

El was lounging on the balcony smoking a cigarette and wrapped in a silk robe. She felt like a boujie white woman and she couldn't decide if she liked that feeling or not. "Coming!"

When she stepped into the room, she melted at the image before her. Nikki was sitting cross-legged on the bed and his bed head was out of this world. His eyes were still a little puffy from sleep and he rubbed at them the way a small child would. El wanted to wrap him in her arms and keep him there forever.

"What are you staring at?" Nikki asked as he shoveled part of a waffle into his mouth.

"Nothing, nothing," she sat on the bed beside him and he handed her a plate.

"I think when we come home, we should look at houses," Nikki mentioned.

"Is my house not cutting it for you anymore?" She smirked.

"I just want to have a home that's ours."

"When did you become such a sap?" El asked as she wiped whipped cream off his nose.

"Is it a crime to want to buy a house with my girlfriend?" He licked the whipped cream off her finger.

"Fine, we can look at houses," she replied. "But I want a pool."

"Oh good, my tanning game has been lacking lately," Nikki dramatically fanned himself.

El rolled her eyes. "Shut up and eat your damn waffles."