☆ FORTY FIVE ☆

chapter songtalking heads: this must be the place"i'm just an animal looking for a home and / share the same space for a minute or two / and you love me til my heart stops / love me til i'm dead"

chapter song
talking heads: this must be the place
"i'm just an animal looking for a home and / share the same space for a minute or two / and you love me til my heart stops / love me til i'm dead"

1985

Don't cry, don't cry, stop crying you fucking bastard, don't cry, don't cry, Nikki cursed himself as El floated toward him down the aisle, like an angel descending from heaven. All the pain, all the heartbreak, the laughter and tears, the shy stuttering and crashing cars, all of it led to this moment. It was surreal, and Nikki was choked up. She looked so fucking beautiful and she was crying, weeping tears of relief as the distance between them became less and less, and he knew what she was thinking without even having to ask. She believed that, even though Nikki had forgiven her, she had cut a hole in his heart that was beyond repair and perhaps he had changed his mind about marrying her.

The idea was appalling, even in the worst of times during her absence. Never in a million fucking years would he not want to share this with her, wanting this image burned into his memory forever. There was no chance in hell he was going to run the risk of somebody else swooping El off her feet and have her walk down the aisle to some other happily ever after. No, she was his and he was hers. Everyone in the world knew it and no amount of death, drugs, or mental institutions were going to come in between that.

A chapter had closed by the time she reached him, one of two strangers realizing their lives did not make sense without each other, and a new one began writing itself as they looked into each other's eyes for what felt like the first time. A chapter where lovers were reconnected through every universe, all the stars, the galaxies and planets, and the moon was singing. Order had been restored in their world and neither of them could stop smiling, or crying for that matter.

As El placed a sly kiss to Mick's cheek, much to his dismay, she took Nikki's hands in hers and it was like the first time she'd ever touched him. She couldn't deny how beautiful he looked standing before her, of course wearing an all black suit and his crazy hair did a poor job of hiding the red twinge that graced his face. He was smiling so big it made her heart hurt and she never wanted to forget how happy he was to be marrying her. The two of them concealed their laughter as the Elvis impersonator began the wedding proceedings and nothing was more quintessential El and Nikki than this.

"Welcome everyone. El and Nikki and have chosen you, those special and important to them, to witness and celebrate the beginning of their life together. Today as they join in marriage, they also create a new bond and new sense of family — one that will undoubtedly include all who are present here today."

The words couldn't be truer. All of the most important people to them, barring Vince of course, that were on this side of earth were there surrounding them with love and joy. The words of Elvis were soon tuned out as the couple could only focus on each other. Nikki counted every freckle on El's face that couldn't be covered by makeup. He traced the veins in her hands and felt the blood that was positively pumping for him. It was like he was falling in love with her all over again, but somehow harder this time. He never understand the hype behind weddings, always believing that signing your life away to one person forever was bullshit, but now he understood. Nikki insisted the two of them write their own vows and soon it came time for them to read them. He wasn't sure he could get the words out, but he was sure as hell going to try.

"Eleanor," he began, but stuttered through his tears, "you are, without a doubt, the brightest star in my sky. I think a piece of me always knew we'd be together forever. From the first time I saw you up on stage, I loved you. I loved everything about you, and I wanted to be you. Everything you had, I wanted a piece of it, but you offered me the whole platter. You've taught me a lot about myself and what it means to love, even when I'm hurt, even when I don't want to, and that's the greatest gift one person can give another. Through everything we've been through, I've never had a second thought about this life I share with you. You are everything, forever, and I'm so happy you've given me the chance to love you until we can't love anymore." Nikki wished he could stop crying, but there was no way that was going to happen. Not when El was holding back sobs, clearly moved beyond reason at his words.

"You bastard," she sniffled through her giggles, "I can't top that." He, along with everyone else, laughed with her. "Many people have misconceptions about the kind of person you are, and amongst one of the things they say is that you are relentless, but I will agree with that. You are relentless with the way you love me, care for me, the way you fight for me when I can't fight for myself. I will never forget the first time you kissed me. You were so shy and nervous and the way you looked at me —," she stopped to calm the sobs she felt coming on, "well, you haven't stopped ever stopped looking at me like that, and that's how I know how lucky I am. You are the person I search for in crowded rooms, the one I can trust to smash a whole pizza with me, the only person, besides Tommy, who would happily run through hotels with me destroying everything in sight for fun. My soul cries for yours when we are apart. You've given me everything, and I stand here before you today and promise you that I will try to give you the same."

"You already have," he whispered, wiping her tears, "more than you know."

"Kiss her already!" Jude yelled from behind El, causing fake Elvis to scowl.

"Alright, alright," Elvis settled them down, "the rings, please." They placed their rings on each other's fingers and promised to love each other always once more, and then Elvis finally said the words. "El and Nikki, you have expressed your love to one another through the commitment and promises you have just made. It is with these in mind that I pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride." And kiss her he did. Anything the two of them failed to mention in their vows, they promised it all in that kiss. "It is with my great pleasure that I introduce to you for the first time, Mr. and Mrs. Nikki Sixx!" Nikki clasped her hands so tightly in his, she thought they might break.

"We're married," he whispered to her with that grin she loved so much.

"We're married," she kissed him again as their loved ones cheered for the day that had finally come.

-

a/n: i straight up copied and pasted elvis' lines and i have no shame in that lmao. i hope your teeth rot from how sweet this is. let's return to some fucking normalcy around here shall we 🤠