Chapter 3 - Jason Samuels

Please Vote, Comment and Share.

---

"Jason!!"

I could faintly hear my mum shouting my name from downstairs but decided to ignore as I am still drowsy and exhausted.

Finally when I thought I could have a peaceful sleep, I heard the door burst open and--

"JASON SAMUELS!!" My mom yelled.

I ignored it again.

I am still trying to sleep. Aren't I?

May be she would leave me after trying a couple of times. But knowing my mom, I am sure she would never do that.

Still, a Man can try.

"JASON. I KNOW YOU ARE AWAKE. GET YOUR ASS OUT OF BED.. NOW!!"

Jesus. What's her problem? Why can't she just leave me alone. It's still summer and school won't start for at least a week.

I heard her sigh "Jace, I--"

Before she could continue, I retorted getting up "I told you not to call me Jace. Didn't I? I don't want to hear it again. EVER!!"

She frowned but nodded nonetheless "Okay"

I stayed silent; knowing that she will talk if she wants to say something.

With my experience of women, I am sure of one thing - they just can't stop talking.

Even when you don't pay interest, they just can't SHUT UP.

As expected, she continued as if she didn't see that I am totally irritated right now "Your sister isn't home from last night's party. What kind of a brother are you to leave her like that. Aren't you worried?? And why the hell didn't you go to that supposed party.. Is there really a party at Kyle's house or is she just-"

I intervened angrily "Mom!! Please. I told you that I didn't want to go to the party alone as Cheryl isn't here. And I really don't care if Elle is at Kyle's home sleeping with him"

"How dare you talk like that with your mom. She is your little sister for god sake"

"Well she is 16 and can look after herself and honestly, I am not a baby sitter"

Arabella is my 16 year old sister and a complete party animal. One of my friends, Kyle is her boyfriend for the past 6 months. His parents are out of town and so, he organized a party.

I always believed that parties are the only fun in high school but I've been to so many the last couple of years that I am actually bored of them now. That was the only reason I didn't go yesterday night; it wasn't because of my girlfriend Cheryl.

Frankly speaking, I don't have a problem going alone since I know almost everyone attending the party. As holidays are ending, there have been so many parties last week that I am tired of having hangovers.

I care about my sister more than my mom could ever imagine but I also happen to trust her. She might be younger to me, but she is old enough to make her own decisions. That's the only reason I give freedom to her.

I am not like those brothers who blackmail their friends, 'Date my sister and you'll be close to hell'.Moreover, I've known Kyle since middle school and he is a good guy.

I wish my mother understood everything without any explanation.

"At least try to find out where she is" she pleaded.

I simply nodded.

"I am going to clinic.. Call me once you know her whereabouts"

"Fine" I grumbled.