Chapter 18 - My knight in shining armor (J)

There is something more to what she confessed; something she didn’t want to tell, not even to me. But I didn’t ask her anymore, scared of upsetting her than she already had been. The next morning we didn’t bother telling our friends in school that we are together as Anna was afraid what everyone might think; but I decided not to let go the opportunity of showing off my girlfriend.

All through the morning classes she sat in the first row as usual not wanting to raise suspicions while I kept staring at her. Even Gabe didn’t seem to mind since he might be used to this behavior of mine. However during lunch when the usual group was present minus Cheryl and Megan (who stopped sitting with us ever since the day we saw the video), I walked up to Anna and pecked her lips before sitting between her and Gabe.

Everyone gasped at my gesture, even Anna’s eyes widened as she lowered her head blushing.

“Gabe. Am I ------hallucinating? Did I see Jason kiss Anna?” Emily asked Gabe with the most confused expression ever like she truly didn’t believe what she saw.

“I think so.. Even I saw it” Elle said with the same tone of doubt.

What’s with them? Why can’t they just believe?

Both the girls eyed each other and squealed ‘Yay!!!!!’ that managed to gather the attention of the whole cafeteria and all the students looked at them as if they’ve gone mad.

“When?” “Are you together?” “You didn’t tell us?” Multiple questions fired from their mouths to which I shushed them before answering “She is my girlfriend since yesterday”

“How did you ask her?” Elle asked dreamily.

“I just asked her to be my girlfriend to which she agreed immediately” I replied casually.

“That’s it?” Emily asked with disgust in her voice.

“Yeah, what did you expect?” I scowled.

“Wow.. Woww. You two are finally together. Woww” Elle said looking at both of us in awe.

“Why is it so hard for you to believe?” I glared at her.

“Because you are stupid” Gabe replied for the first time in the conversation.

“And ignorant” Elle added.

“And naïve” Emily continued.

“Ok, fine. I get it” I said raising my hands in surrender trying to suppress the smile but ended up laughing with them.

“Is it a surprise to you too?” I whispered to Gabe.

“Nah. I was waiting since morning when you would tell?” he replied casually.

“How did you know?” Before he could say anything I added “Ok, apart from ‘I am your best friend and I know everything about you’ stuff, say something else”

“Because Anna was practically glowing and you were smiling like an idiot” he stated.

Remind me to never ask him questions again. “So, when’s your first date?” Em asked curiously

“Tomorrow, may be” I replied. I have planned to tell her in the evening but these guys have screwed it up already.

“You didn’t ask her?” Taking my nod as confirmation, she said “Ask her out, now”

“Yup, do it now” Elle chimed enthusiastically.

I guess I’ll never get rid of their meddling. So I turned to Anna and said “Anns.. Get ready by 7 tomorrow. I’ll pick you up at your house”