Chapter 12 - I like her a lot

--JASON-- 

Bright light is peering through my windows when I woke up next morning with Anna's arm draped around my waist. 

And the funniest thing about our position is that she is spooning me. 

I'd have laughed out loud under normal circumstances but stayed calm since I am still drowsy and exhausted from yesterday's work. 

Having no intentions to wake her up, I rolled over slowly, so as to face her which made her scoot close to me as her head automatically found its place on my shoulder.

Smiling to myself, I pushed strands of hair behind her ear and admired how adorable she looked.

The position we are in would have been romantic if her drool isn't sticking on my shoulder or if I am not wrapped in her tightest teddy bear hug. 

Nevertheless, I don't mind being in this position if I get to see her like this; relaxed and at peace.

I don't know how long I gazed at her, trying to understand Anna Haven's life that made her come to an unknown city when I felt my cell vibrate in my jean pocket.

 Ugh. I slept in my jeans?

Sighing, I opened my mobile and found a message from Emily.

From: Em

Why the hell aren't you at school?? :@ 

That snapped me out of my daze and I checked the time only to be shocked seeing 8:50.

What the hell! I am late to school and today is the last day to submit assignment. 

Groaning, I got up quickly from Anna's arms, typing a message to Emily about history class. She instantly replied that it's after lunch and that I can come leisurely.

What the hell!! She isn't panicking. In fact, she is telling me to flunk classes. 

What the hell is wrong with her?

Yesterday, she was sick all of a sudden asking Anna to help me and today, she is advising to take my own time when I have to submit our assignment.

Something's going in her mind, definitely. 

What is she planning?

Pushing the thoughts away, I patted Anna gently on her arm to wake her up. It's a surprise she didn't wake up with all the noise I am making. 

She must have been tired too; poor girl had to do my assign alone when I dozed off.

"Anns. Get up. We're late to school"

She made a whining sound before mumbling "Two hours. Only two more hours please"

Two hours? She said it as if it's two minutes.

 I didn't know if I should laugh or get angry at her. Of course, I chose the former.

Chuckling, I said "Anna. We already missed our first class. Don't you want to get to the second one at least?"

"Lemme sleep please. I will quit school if they kicked me out" she whined in a childish tone.

What is she talking? 

I am sure conscious Anna would never say that. 

Leaving her on my bed, I headed downstairs and surprised to see dad sitting at the dining table, reading newspaper.

"Good Morning dad" I called out.

He gave me a dazzling smiling "Had nice sleep? You still look tired"