Chapter 22 - I trust them just as they trust me (A)

As I was walking through the school grounds I can’t help feeling something is not right; I could hear buzzing in my brain, almost like a warning. After many days I am walking alone to school without Jason by my side; now I feel I should’ve waited for Emily when she asked me to. Feeling stupid about my fears I continued walking to the building until I found Cheryl standing at the entrance of the corridor with a bunch of papers.

I thought of ignoring her but seeing me she sneered “Finally!! The bitch herself”

Before I could walk away from her she caught my wrist and smiled evilly “Huh! Cut your act babe. Everyone here knows what you are”

I looked confused at what she was trying to say when she left my hand and thrust a paper from her bunch on my palm and I gasped looking at my twelve year old self photo.

As I read what Emily told about me, tears streamed down my cheeks and I felt the familiar tug in my chest that I experienced years before. Why should this happen again?

“Whoa Anna dear! I didn’t know you had it in you” she chuckled darkly as I turned around to see few people whispering while few gave judgmental looks.

“So the innocent Anna Haven isn’t what everyone thin—” I ran away sobbing, not wanting to hear any more of what she says or what other people have to say about me.

I didn’t stop running until I reached the library and sprinted up to the darkest corner sitting on a chair behind the desk.

Oh My God. The whole school knows now, what should I do? Why everything has to turn upside down just when I am happy being with Jason.

I can’t leave this town, now that I realized I love Jason and cannot stay away from him. Why is my life so messed up?

I was biting my nails still deep in thought when I heard my Iphone ring and quickly rejected Gabe’s call before shutting it down.  

I can’t talk to him now; he must have read it too. Did he believe what was written? How am I going to explain everything to my friends? Will they believe me or will they behave just like everyone else? More tears spilled from my eyes at the thought of losing them.

I love them all, Emily, Gabe and even Elle, Blaise, Kyle and Hunter. I never had so much fun in any of my schools and I don’t want to lose them.

Resting my head on the desk I closed my eyes trying to sleep, tired of crying and wanting to forget the mayhem. I don’t know when I fell into a deep slumber until I felt someone shake my shoulders calling my name. I opened my eyes slowly and shocked to see the one person I least expected to find me.

“Anna…” Blake mumbled with a pity look on his face. Seeing him like that reminded me of all the events happened earlier today, all that I wanted to forget.

“H-Hey” I croaked.

“What are you doing here? All your friends are worried about you, especially Jason”

When I was silent he continued “Look Anna, you can’t hide in here forever. If it helps you, I want to say I don’t believe all the crap that’s written about you. You can’t let few people ruin your life and I think it’s time for you to go out and face it”

“I need some time” I mumbled between sobs. When did I start crying again? God!!

He nodded and left me as I laid my head down trying to sleep again until I heard Jason call me. It felt good being in his arms and better when Gabe told my friends trust me. Hearing those words from him gave me strength to go back and face everyone since now I have friends who stood by me without even asking an explanation.