Chapter 9 - I am falling for him

--ANNA--

It felt good to have someone care about me; worry about me. Or I am only happy because it's Jason.

Thinking about that evening still makes my cheeks hot and red. Being close to him should have scared me but it didn't. It only made me happier.

The two weeks that followed had been amazing. It made me learn more about him.

Jason is not just a regular teenager who is carefree and fun loving but also someone who is matured for his age. And friends mean everything to him.

I still remember the first day when he tried cheering me up by saying things would improve which surprisingly did.

Emily and I have become closer; almost like BFFs. It didn't take much time considering it's only over a month since I came here.

For the first time ever, I was not bullied too which may be due to the friends I have now.

Everything seemed to improve including my feelings for Jason which grew with every passing day.

How much ever I tried telling myself that I don't have a chance with him and that I have to leave this place after a year, I still couldn't keep my feelings under control.

He is too good and perfect. Who won't like him?

I am no exception to that.

Nothing changed in our lives though. He is with Cheryl like he always had been. I don't talk much to anyone except the usual greetings we share. No one in our group knows that I am closer to him than to any of them.

During the little interactions we had which were almost nil, I couldn't help but wonder why he didn't want me to call him Jace. It's such a nice name and if he'd allow me, I will always call him that as it suits him more.

Also, I finally got to meet Jamie and it wasn't so bad like I feared. She seemed cool to me.

Although, except me everyone was scowling seeing her batting her eyelashes to get Jason's attention.

It was clear that Jason was obvious to everything but he chose to ignore and turned a blind eye to her actions.

It's wrong to flirt with a guy who is in a relationship, especially when his girlfriend is sitting right beside him.

But don't they say, everything is fair in love and war?

I am 200% sure that girl has fallen too hard for him to let him go.

Though I am sure Jamie liked me, I can't say that once she knows that I like her Jason.

Venom was dripping her words when she talked to Cheryl. It was evident that she was jealous of Jason's girlfriend.

It surprised me when her tone softened speaking to me; like a different person, altogether.

Gabe and Jason burst into fits of laughter when she asked me what was I doing with materialistic bitches like Megan, Cheryl and Elle.

I stayed silent not knowing what my answer should be.

Classes in my new school are awesome. History is my favorite subject after Math.

I strolled into the room and found the first row full, making me occupy a seat in the second.

Though Em and I share the same class, she never forced me to sit with her. It's better this way as I can listen to the class instead of staring at Jason who'd be sitting beside her.

As Ms. Taylor Nelson, our history teacher walked into the room, the class fell silent.

Fifteen minutes before the class ended, she announced a new assignment about the history of different countries. We have to do it in pairs and complete it by the end of next week.