Chapter 13 - Am I scared of falling in love with her

--JASON--

The week has passed with everyone anxious about the quiz and re-reading Harry Potter books including me as I've promised Anna; though I find it really stupid to read them for a quiz. I know this is going to be tough since everyone must have read those books like 10 times already which makes it even more interesting.

The following Tuesday, three days before the quiz our trigonometry professor James walked into our class and told he has an announcement to make. Since there are 20+ groups participating and it's almost practically impossible to conduct quiz for all of us together, the principal suggested organizing a written exam tomorrow which means we have less than a day to prepare.

Based on the result tomorrow the groups will be narrowed down and a final quiz will be conducted on Friday. How idiotic, I thought though I know there's no choice but I just completed Goblet of Fire for god sake and still have 3 more books to complete.

I thought of asking Anna how many books she completed but decided against it as the image of her panicking crossed my mind.

*******

On Wednesday after school is finished, all the students participating in the quiz were told to come to the school's auditorium. Since there were around 150 seats, a couple of teachers arranged the seating of groups as far as possible from one another. I could feel Anna tense up beside me as we sat at the farthest corner of the room.

After few minutes, when all the participants settled down Ms. Ellie, a professor who never came to any of my classes started explaining the rules and time limit and other sort of things. Apparently we have only 15 minutes to answer 30 questions and there's no negative marking, I don't know if that's a good thing or bad.

After few more minutes, the teachers finally handed an envelope containing the question paper to all of the groups and told us to open only when they say to. Strangely, all that happening around us made me feel like I am attending the freaking annual exam.

The moment we heard 'Begin' we ripped open the envelope and took the question paper out of it. I am sure I could feel stars fluttering above my head seeing those questions. I mean, like seriously.

So, the questions were like this:

1. The driver of the knight bus which Harry gets into when he sees the Grim:

2. Ron Weasley's middle name:

3. Complete the sorting hat song
You might belong in Gryffindor,
where dwell the brave at heart
their daring,________ and _________

4. Ron's favorite Quidditch team:

5. Professor Sprout's protection for the philosopher's stone:

6 . When Harry was given Hungarian Horntail for the first task in Triwizard Tournament, Ceddric Diggory had to face________

The questions went like this and I am sure my eyes must have popped out in shock as I was speechless until I felt Anna nudge my shoulder.

Chuckling to herself, she started answering them as quickly as possible while I was still gaping at her. Occasionally discussing with me she wrote all the answers beside the questions except 2 to 3 which were left out.

She didn't know Ron's favorite Quidditch team which seemed as a surprise to me because I found it the easiest, may be because I read Goblet of Fire just yesterday.

Two minutes before the bell rang we answered all of them though I don't know how many were right. But seeing the smile on Anna's face, I hope we get past the exam and participate in the quiz.