Chapter 5 - The green eyed boy

Please Vote, Comment and Share

--ANNA--

OK. What the heck just happened?

I quickly got into my car and made my way back home. How much ever I tried, I couldn't snap my daze out of those beautiful bright green eyes I witnessed moments earlier. 

Who was he and why the hell was it so difficult to drop my eyes from his gaze to the floor? It was a good thing we were a few feet away from each other; else, he would've heard my erratic heartbeat.

Thank God his mother called. If not, I would've died of hyperventilation. 

I couldn't stop the smile on my face, remembering his conversation on the phone. He was like a 5 year old kid reasoning with his mother.

As much as I wanted to stay and know what's happening, I couldn't. I didn't want him to think that I am prying on his personal matters. Hence, I quickly left the store without a second glance.

Though Emily's house is just a five minute drive from the store, it felt a million miles away; with me trying to concentrate on the road when all my thoughts are fixed on a certain Harry Potter eyed boy

As much as I wanted to go home, have a shower and forget the boy, I also wanted to explore the city to keep my mind off things. I know it's not a good idea as I would look like a freak; a filthy freak to be exact but I didn't mind and took the right lane ahead of me instead of going straight.

I was driving through an unfamiliar path when I found a park to my left which is almost empty except for a few people here and there. 

I slowed down and parked my car beside two other cars. Just when I was about to exit the car, my eyes involuntarily moved to the mirror and I gasped seeing myself.

I looked like a clown. Though my hair is in a bun, it's nothing but a mess. Strands of hair are falling freely in every possible direction, dark circles evident under my eyes and the worst part of it, I even have a bit of drool at the corner of my lips.

Yuck!!!

How the heck was I allowed into the store?? I could have passed as a pauper.. And what did that boy think of me?

Shit.

I made a fool of myself in front of him. I mentally slapped myself for getting out of the house without bothering to wash my face or look at a mirror.

Quickly grabbing a water bottle from the back seat which still had few commodities from yesterday, I splashed cold water over my face. Feeling slightly better after wiping my face with a dry hand kerchief, I strolled into the park and felt sudden warmth surrounding me.

Surprisingly, this place already felt like home and I've never felt more safe. I know it's not even a day since I am here but strangely, this place felt familiar..

May be, I am destined to be here. 

Unknowingly, my thoughts shifted back to the store boy, again.

Who is he?? Why did he talk to me? As much as I wanted to answer him, I didn't know if talking to a stranger was a good idea and so stayed silent. 

Did he think I was arrogant or jerk because of that? I don't want him to.

Why do my thoughts keep going back to him when it's the first time we met?

It's not like he is the first guy I found attractive. I've had minor crushes on few guys from my previous schools. But they didn't disturb my mind like he did.