【50】Gorgonzola and Prosciutto

To my great relief, the massive load of work that we had to take care of provided plenty of distraction

To my great relief, the massive load of work that we had to take care of provided plenty of distraction. We worked like dogs, and despite the late hours I had to pull off with Lex, I was too tired to want anything other than to go to bed. Alone. By the end of each day, my brain was fried, so I left for home as soon as I could.

Although things were still quite tense, my anxiousness decreased over the days. I was still getting flustered whenever he got too close and jumped slightly on accidental touches, but it wasn't exactly different from how things were before that night.

As time passed, I couldn't help but try to rationalize things. It now seemed logical that after ten months without any sort of physical contact with a man, I'd been particularly receptive and sensitive. Sure, Lex knew exactly what to do and how to do it, but my intense reactions to his every action were most likely due to my prolonged abstinence. The altered memory of how incredible it had been was the reason why I wanted to do it again so badly.

I was pretty certain I'd lose this inner battle at some point, but I wanted to give myself as much time as possible. And even if I were tempted to initiate things, Lex didn't seem eager to do it again. He was extremely professional, and I was having a hard time believing he had actually been flirty with me at some point. Our night at his place never came up again, and things went on as if it had never happened. Lex didn't give me more of these intense, bone-melting moments, where he would knowingly reduce me to putty. No, he remained cold and distant – which I'd always known he was tremendous at.

I was left alone with my fantasies and desires, discretely looking at him when he wasn't paying attention, getting all horny with the carnal flashbacks my mind regularly conjured. Poor Idris was working overtime again, and none of his arduous efforts were proving sufficient. Between Lex's behavior and my untamable libido, I was feeling utterly alone in this situation. It wasn't fair that I'd be the only one in dismay.

Despite my perpetual internal struggle, we managed to work as best as we could on the app. Adding to Steven and Mason, Joseph joined the team. And upon my insistence, Lex agreed that Oliver could help as well. It was impressive how fast things were moving now. Every morning, we'd have a quick brainstorming session in Lex's office to discuss and give everyone their daily tasks, and then we'd all get to work. By the end of every workday, an incredible amount of tasks had been completed.

Today, however, it would be a bit different. Today was Saturday, and the guys were enjoying their well-deserved weekend.

I entered the building as nervous as I'd been on my first day. Lex had told me to come later than usual, arguing I should still enjoy the perks of rolling out of bed late on a weekend day, but I was even earlier than usual. I'd woken up at dawn, anxious, and hadn't been able to fall back asleep.

It was surprising to see that the place wasn't as empty as I'd expected, only realizing now some of the workspaces must have people coming in on Saturdays too. I went for the elevators and smiled at the security guard as I passed by him. On my way up, I wondered if Lex would already be here, or if he'd taken his own advice and lingered in bed.