Chapter 2: "Do You Wanna Know?"

(Chapter 2)
"Do You Wanna Know?"

Monday, August 31st
9:30pm

In her apartment later that night, Titania sent Isabelle a text. 

Titania: Still want to meet up?

Isabelle: Absolutely. Garden in 10.

Titania: See you there.

At the garden, Titania looked around for Isabelle.

"Hey," she came up behind her.

"Ah, shit!" Titania jumped.

"Sorry! Did I scare you?"

"Uh... no?"

"Can I make it up to you?" She asked coyly.

Titania leaned forward and pressed her lips to hers.

"Wow," Isabelle whispered.

"Yeah, wow."

Isabelle took her hand and pulled her down onto the ground with her.

Titania laced her fingers with hers and she smiled at her.

"You keep looking up at the stars," Isabelle noticed.

"They're beautiful, aren't they? I'm from the city. We don't see them as clearly in the sky as here."

"The stars are always so bright and clear at night. They give me a lot of comfort, too."

"'Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light; I have loved the Stars too truly to be fearful of the night.'"

"That's really beautiful."

"Sarah Williams. My father is an astronomer. He would read me that poem when I was little. It got me through a lot.

"Is that why they named you Titania?"

"They named all my siblings after things in galaxies. Titania is the largest of the moons of Uranus and the eighth largest moon in the Solar System. Miranda is my middle name. It's also the name of one of the five major moons of Uranus."

"And what's your last name?"

"Thompson."

You know, the name Titania is inspired by the queen of the fairies in Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream. "I'll met by moonlight, proud Titania."

"'My soul is in the sky.'"

"'The course of true love never did run smooth.'"

"Scientists had named the moon Miranda after the female lead of the same name from William Shakespeare's The Tempest. In the play, the little girl Miranda was brought up and educated on an isolated island by Prospero, her magician father.
"O, I have suffered
With those that I saw suffer."
"Hast thou not dropped from heaven?" Isabelle continued.

Titania blushed.

"Tell me about your siblings."

"I have a twin brother."

"Really?"

"Yeah, Orion Sol. He's actually still in college for astronomy. He wants to be an astronomer like my dad. And I have an older sister, Cassiopeia Astrid. She's twenty-three now. She finished college for fine arts, and she's engaged to her boyfriend, Oliver. He's a chemist."

"What about your mom?"

"Mostly, she just took care of us. But, she also had a few jobs working as a writer from home."