You and I, One and the Same

Conan stared at the hospital ceiling with wide and shocked eyes, he needed a moment to progress this all too familiar view.

Is he inside a hospital? Oh god I hope he is alright.

Conan hoped for him to turn his head so he could at least make out other details of the room, yet the male remained still. He breathed out a worried sigh and narrowed his eyebrows, musing about any injury he could have. A car accident?
Lately, he had felt himself growing attached to this stranger whose life he could see through his eyes. Conan couldn't help but find himself grow more and more curious of the man's life. Who was he? Conan hadn't even got to know his name.

All thoughts went poof as the stranger lifted his arm and glared at it with a passion Conan couldn't quite understand. What was with his arm? It didn't look injured, nor paralyzed.

...red.

Conan's eyes shot open wide as it finally hit him. The man's skin was red, at least his arm. Was this the reason he had constantly been covered up at every visible spot on him? Conan's heart skipped a beat of excitement. This man was most likely a victim just like him, influenced by Pandora.

But why should he have Pandora? Unless...

Paling an instant, Conan swallowed down a lump inside his throat. This lonely stranger whose life he came to enjoy as welcome workout for his brain was most likely no one else than Kaitou KID. A magician, a showman, someone who would go out of his way to put on a show for children inside a park just to brighten their days without expecting any money in return.

Unless KID chose a second person to protect the other half of Pandora... But why should he? KID would never do that.

Tears began to prinkle within Conan's eyes as his vision turned black and the boy quickly pulled out his half. The glim had become stronger and blood oozed out of the stone, making it obvious it was close to full moon again. How long had he been here? At least KID was making his time here easier. Was he immortal now, too?
Conan bit down onto his lip until it started bleeding. He had figured if he could see through the stranger's eyes, it would be only plausible if he could see through his. That KID was this person made things only more interesting.
The detective almost felt guilty, his own eyesight must have tortured the KID for a long time. Suddenly having your vision turning pitch black and being imprisoned by a soundless dark nightmare must have taken a toll on the man.

Conan could only hope that KID would follow his visions and find him. Pandora was now clutched within his hands and clearly visible to him. A tiny smile hushed over his lips, at some point KID would see through him again and could see Pandora's second half with him. KID was going to search for him and find him, Conan just knew that. It wasn't in the thief's nature to leave such a mystery unsolved.

At least that was his hope.

***

Kaito glared at his arm with narrowed eyebrows. Clear and out in the open, crimson red. He swallowed and flashed a glance at the door. The nurse had left a few minutes ago and he knew, they wanted to do hundreds of tests on him to find out what was wrong. Kaito let his arm disappear under the blanket and fiddle with Pandora. It had become less intense, as it was broad daylight. But if the hospital staff finds Pandora on him...

Kaito didn't even want to think about it. Sure enough, the Crows had to be part of the hospitals, too. It wouldn't make sense elseway. If he, a person with an unique skin condition, would be held here they would become suspicious. Kaito sighed and slipped as quiet as possible out of his bed to dress in his former clothes, making sure to cover up as much of his body as he was able to.
It would be a good practice to sneak out, just out of the window and he would be gone. Kaito flashed a last glance at the door to make sure no one was going to come in, then quickly opened the window and crawled onto the window sill. Would he survive that fall? This was the ultimate test of his immortality. On the other hand, he had survived a fall out of the 19th level with not even so much as a bruise.

Kaito took a deep breath, closed his eyes, then let himself fall. A shock of adrenaline rushed through his body before he hit the ground, grimacing at the amount of pain flaring up inside him. For a moment everything hurted and he clenched his teeth, trying to bear it, before he tried to get up. People haven't seen him- was this going to be okay?
Kaito nearly collapsed again as he tried to get up, clinging onto the wall next to him for support. His leg was oddly twisted and he couldn't bear the view, trying to keep his stomach contents down, he turned to avoid looking at it.

Kaito limped alongside the wall, yet his feet became stronger and stronger. Eyes wide in amazement, Kaito watched as his leg grew bit by bit back into its former form, and by the time he reached the end of the alley, he was full on marching out of it. His heartbeat became faster, a feeling of fear and excitement at the same time bubbled up inside his stomach. The young magician wanted to laugh and cry at the same time. There was no chance he wasn't immortal now.
What on earth would bring his future, now?

Not bothering to inform anybody, Kaito ran back towards his hotel and fell into his own bed with a weak and halfhearted laugh.
"Oh god. I'm immortal. There's no doubt, I'm immortal. Oh fuck."
Laughing, tears began to roll down his cheeks. He wouldn't ever see his father again in heaven, if it even existed. Never.