Restoring Pandora

Kaito eyed Shinichi warily from the corner of his eyes, quietly strolling along towards their gate. Time was closing in for them to board the plane, and Kaito knew Shinichi was about to go through the same torture two hours later back out of the security. The sleuth made a much calmer impression on him but Kaito couldn't have been fooled, his hands were still trembling, disguised by hiding them inside his pockets. Still, Kaito could tell with ease.

"Meitantei."
Shinichi froze and turned around, yet found himself not liking the expression Kaito made. Or didn't make, because he was wearing his goddamn pokerface and he was sure what was about to follow would pry another piece from his sanity.
"We need to reunite Pandora. Now."
Shinichi narrowed his eyebrows and took a short glance around to make sure nobody was listening in but he already knew KID had done that before even addressing him.
"Here?!" he hissed under his breath, "With thousands of people around?!"
"Pandora is going to bleed inside the airplane where we don't have the opportunities to hide the blood. We both know that. Despite that, look at yourself, you are a shaking wreck after five minutes of security."

The sleuth breathed out a deep sigh, fingertips aimlessly brushing over his own half of Pandora, hidden inside his pocket. He had a good point, and Shinichi knew that. Maybe it was for the better, at least for now. Shinichi covered up a small grin by nodding towards the nearest toilets.
"We should do it there, if any."
Pleased yet suspicious about the sudden agreement of Shinichi, Kaito took a slow turn and proceeded to hurry over towards the toilets. Shinichi noted that every step was gracefully, planned, and he didn't make any noise while walking. So much to being a retired phantom thief, he still was as good as KID used to be, without any doubt.
The reason for giving in was simple. Considering his research, KID had managed to split the gem by himself. There was no reason Shinichi wasn't able to do this again by himself to contaminate himself with the blood. This was actually a good idea, if KID wasn't going to come in contact with the newly shed blood, he wasn't going to become affected by it anymore.

The obnoxiously loud airport came to a silence as soon as the door closed behind them, hiding thek away inside the male bathroom. Shinichi glanced at the mirror and whinced, he had never worn so much make up to disguise his red skin. That was the only thing he wouldn't care to miss.
Kaito shimmied into a cramped stall and pulled Shinichi after him who proceeded to shut the door. For a moment, sapphire stared at indigo, until both men pulled out their halves and examined them for the last time. Shinichi didn't really like putting Pandora back together but sometimes he had to sacrifice something for a short period of time.
Finally, Kaito took Shinichi's wrist and pressed the pulsing halves together, not surprised to see a glow emitting from both of them. Shinichi couldn't help but let his attention wander to Kuroba's slender fingers. They were long, slim, perfect for a magician of his talent. His hand was cool against Shinichi's flushed skin, and it somewhat calmed the young detective.

Kaito pulled back, together with him a full gem. Silence fell over the two of them before Kaito pocketed Pandora and forced his lips into a smug grin.
"Looks like I've once again stolen from you, detective," and this was so KID, so Kuroba to say, that Shinichi felt his cheeks growing warm at the fond memories he saw rushing past his inner eye. He forced back a snarky reply and opened the stall door, somewhat weak on his legs. He hadn't noticed it before but his knees felt wobbly, like a marathon had been forced upon him mere minutes ago. Kuroba, bless his pokerface, looked pretty much the same as he had before but Shinichi noted less grace inside his steps.

Opening the door back into the busy airport was the greatest mistake Shinichi had felt himself doing. His legs were pudding, his vision was blury, and it was becoming worse by the second. Breath caught in his lungs, he turned to face Kuroba, hand searching for a railing to support himself.
"K-Kuroba, I feel weak..." he pressed out in a hoarse voice, mildly surprised to hear a somewhat similar response from the retired thief. Kuroba as well seemed barely able to keep himself on his legs, sweat let his hair stuck to his forehead, soft gasps for air made it past his quivering lips, and Shinichi would have liked the image if it wasn't for the fact he began to see dark spots dancing in his vision.

This was a big mistake.

***

Haibara sighed, staring down at the two men occupying her guest room. It had already been cramped inside the guest room she had used to live in as Agasa-hakase had still been alive, which was now the territory of two sleeping individuals she would have loved to whack the living hell out of.
"How could they have been this reckless..." she muttered, taking a few notes on a paper she had been using to fill new information about Pandora in.

It hadn't been easy to receive the approval to take care of Kuroba Kaito, worldfamous magician, and his unknown twin Kuroba Shinobu, yet Shinichi luckily had her number saved as an emergency contact. With proof that she was related to him as close as they were, she had been able to become approved as a caretaker.
"Approximately 14 days have passed without any change of condition..." Haibara mused, eyes lingering on the two men for a bit longer. She wasn't scared the slightest bit, she had seen the same death-like coma on Conan once and was now quite sure what this was and that it was going to fade after a while.

Haibara closed her observation report, sighing, and went to prepare herself some dinner. This time, it was just going to be an additional person she had to take care of.
Yet this entire matter was interesting; according to what she had found, KID and Kudo must have restored Pandora at the airport. A clever move one might have thought, as the blood might have given them away on the plane and the trip through security must have been a living nightmare. Who could have known the loss of Pandora's powers would have caused this kind of disturbance inside those two bodies?

The young hakase patiently began to boil some water, still deep in thought. It was clear what was going on, well, at least she assumed it was. Pandora had taken a good toll on these two, and now that it was gone, KID and Kudo most likely had to adjust again.

Which meant a death-like coma to catch up on all the sleep they had missed because of Pandora's powers.

Haibara made a mental note to stock up her storage, most likely guessing these two were going to eat for six people as soon as they would wake up. For now, she had locked Pandora into her safe, and she was going to keep it locked away until either of them awoke.

Author-chan is feeling a bit mean-

Now that Pandora's powers have vanished from Shin-chan and Kaito, their bodies have to adjust to needing their own power again to survive. Which means, a long ass nap, a whole load of food afterwards, and some serious mental exhaustion-

Which means none of them has the power to stop snuggling the other in bed screeeee-