Rescue

Kaito could barely sit still on Haibara's couch while they desperately waited until dusk. It wasn't exactly a great idea to dig out a coffin in broad daylight.
The magician resorted to card tricks; he was continously mixing cards together and letting some randomly dis- and reappear all over the place.

"Would you kindly stop with that?!"
Haibara glared at the phantom thief who merely flinched, having not awaited to be yelled at. Inside Haibara's tea cup swam a heart ace.
The young hakase was not amused.
Kaito breathed out a deep sigh and let the card disappear again.
"Is there anything to pass time? Anything?"
"Well, do you have matters to be taken care of?" Haibara replied nonchalantly.

Kaito narrowed his eyebrows as he remembered that yes, he had things to do.
For example delay his next show because of the events. Sighing, the young magician picked himself up from the couch and dragged himself into one of the other rooms to have some privacy while Haibara took a satisfied sip of her tea.

Worldfamous magician, Kuroba Kaito. It's ridiculous that this guy used to be Kaitou KID, but it does make sense.

It had hit her as she had watched a tv commercial when Kaito was using the bathroom. An advertisement for his upcoming show, live on television.
She first hadn't paid attention at all, she just couldn't bear the silence around her and desperately needed a voice in the background to help her relax. What Haibara hadn't awaited was to see the face of her guest in full view on the television, advertising his upcoming show.

It is actually pretty satisfying to know his identity.

The young hakase chuckled to herself. Kudo would have died of jealousy if he would have known... not that she was going to tell him.

***

Conan froze as a noise made its way towards his ears. Something... he couldn't quite describe it.

A vision? No... I feel like usual.

His hearing had improved a little due to the constant silence around him, so he was pretty sure this tiny noise was everything but normal. But it got louder and louder...

A yelp left Conan's mouth as his entire coffin began to shake. Eyes widening, he clung to the cushioned surface, by now crusted in blood.

What?! Someone is moving the coffin!! Oh god-

Before he could think any further, he already began to yell out in hopes the stranger would hear him.
"OPEN THE COFFIN! I'M STUCK!"
It wasn't too long until he heard something digging into the wooden ceiling; each nail got pulled out one by one. Conan felt his heart racing, it was finally time. Someone would save him, he was going to see sunlight, he could actually be part of a society again-
Tears began to ran down his cheeks as he tried to be patient but every second more was a torture to the young detective.

Finally, he heard a voice from above.
"Meitantei! I heard you! I can't quite get a grip on it-! Push, Meitantei!!"
Blood freezing in his veins, Conan paused. God, he knew this nickname way too good. More tears began to run down his cheeks, mixing with the blood below him.
Conan didn't hesitate, he shuffled to lift his arms, then began to push as hard as he could. Relief flooded his guts at the tiniest creak he could hear, damn, the coffin was opening! In the small bit of light he could make out a pair of hands slipping under the lid, helping him to lift it.

The wooden cover slammed open and Conan sat up, blinking into the moonlight blinding him, an obscurred person bending over the coffin and extending a hand for him to grab. Conan didn't hesitate; he reached out to cling onto the gloved hand, letting the stranger pull him up onto his feet.
"Kudo! Kudo you are alive...!!"
The female voice above them was just as shocked as he felt. Conan's head whipped up to see Haibara Ai looming over the grave, one hand extended as well to help the two males out of the dug hole.

Shinichi sank onto the ground as soon as he felt it below his feet, tears over tears pouring from his already red eyes. He grabbed two hands of grass, sobbing.
"O-oh god... T-this is grass...!"
He looked around, a smile as bright and relieved as it couldn't have ever been on his lips. The moonlight gave him quite a good view onto his surroundings, the wind was sweetly warm and ruffling through his hair so nicely, he could clearly hear the rustling of leaves all around him.

There are trees!

Shinichi laughed and cried the same time, overcome by emotions. He was free. He was finally free; and he could feel Pandora pulsing happily inside his pocket to agree with him. For a long time, Shinichi didn't care about the two people close by, for now he just let himself bath within all those different senses he could finally explore again.

I-I never thought grass could smell so good!

Haibara and Kaito exchanged a glance, the latter had made the effort again to hide his identity.
"Kudo... he looks... older."
Kaito blinked twice, mildly surprised about this.
"What?"
"He looks nothing like when... when we buried him. What if...?"
Haibara took a step closer and eyed the detective from behind. Something was... not like usual. He was different.
The woman flashed a glance back at Kaito.
"How... how far do you think can Pandora take it to heal someone?"

Kaito froze and flashed a glance at Shinichi, who by now was sprawling out like a starfish on the wet grass below him, giggling like an idiot. Despite the absolutely weird behavior, he... did look not like 17.
"Do you think...?"
He trailed off and Haibara gave a small nod, blood draining from her cheeks.
"That... that would explain the long coma he had fallen into... what if...?"

The woman swallowed dry and shook her head in disbelief. Did this really happen? Her fingers were itching to test her rescued detective for this but she knew he needed time to let this entire scene sink in. She shifted her weight onto one leg and crossed her arms, a small smile playing around her lips.
"...it's very likely Pandora took the opportunity to heal not only his bones... but gave him back his body... I-I can't say for sure but... he looks like Kudo Shinichi. Like a man in his late twenties should look like. Maybe... maybe apoptoxin4869 is finally gone from his body."

Author-chan waited long to build this in~ Shin-chan slept so long not because of his bones, but also because Pandora went a step ahead and started curing his current condition as well.
That's why he never woke up for an entire two weeks and had been confirmed as dead~

Shin-chan is gonna be so overwhelmed when he finds out Conan is no longer~