Chapter 5

It is before lunch this beautiful Monday morning. Note the sarcasm. I walk into biology class and take a seat at my usual spot beside the window, sadly Maya doesn't have this class with me. Today we are going to be paired for our projects. I hope it's an interesting project and that I'm not paired with someone that'll leave the work for only me to do.

Miss Clara comes in with a huge box. My guts tells me this project will be interesting. "Good morning class. Before I pair, let me brief us about the project."

"Everyone will be paired in twos. A female and a male. The task is to take care of a baby" she continues taking out a bag from the box. The bag contains a doll, and other things to take care of it I guess. Is this a game? Sigh.

"This dolls have been programmed to cry at certain times, sleep at certain times, it is basically does what a real baby will do. It will be given to a couple for two weeks. The doll will determine your score based on how it was taking care of" she concludes, smiling proudly.

The class remains quiet. I'm kinda excited about being a parent for two weeks but what frightens me is who I'll be paired with.

She starts pairing the class into two. Luckily we have 10girls and 10boys in this class. "Alyssa and Benson." Miss Clara calls out. So her name is Alyssa I note giving myself a thumbs up as I see the girl from the party coming forward to collect a bag.

"Chloé and..." my heart skips a beat. "...Dave" Holy shit. I wanted to run out the way I did at the party. But this project is 20% of my total score. It's a lot. I turn to the back to find Dave grinning at me. Why is he grinning?! He walks to the front of the class to collect our bag.

After pairing everyone, Miss Clara tells us to talk about our project and takes a sit. Dave comes to seat beside me putting the bag on the table. He brings the baby out and I'm faced with a very cute doll.

"It's a girl" he says smiling. Why does he look so happy. "So I finally meet you in school" he continues. I was about to reply when the bell rings. I stand up to leave but he stops me.

"You forgot our baby" he says. OUR baby?! I just nod and pick it up. "I think we're meant to switch it on now. And I'll need your phone number so we can keep in touch" he continues, taking the doll from me and switching it on. The eyes open and I couldn't help but smile. I take the baby sling from the bag and carry the doll.

I write down my number on a piece of paper and my fingers are shaking. I need to get a hold of myself. "Here you go" I say handing him the paper and walk out of the class.

Maya appears for now where. "I'm starting to regret not doing biology" she squeals. "This is so cuteeee. I'm now an aunty" I just laugh at that and nod my head. What a friend I have.

We walk to the cafeteria and take a sit. "Who is the daddy" Maya asks. "Dave" I mutter. "You mean Dave Gayns. Your forever crush?" she laughs. I roll my eyes and stay quiet, blushing a little. "So you guys decided on a name?"

"Actually we haven't had time to talk"Dave says appearing from no where. He takes a sit beside me. "I've been looking for you. We have a lot of things to talk about."

"Like?" I ask sounding a little bit rude but he shrugs it off. "Her name for example. I was thinking of Lucy" I just stared at him, looking into his dark blue eyes,then his thick lips. "Owww" I yelled, realizing that Maya kicked me from under the bench. "Ok. Yh. Lucy it is" I reply smiling at him. Thankfully he didn't notice anything.

"I thought that maybe during this project I might have to come over to your house" oh no. Dave can't come to my house or he'll find out about Jason's secret. "I don't think that's a good idea." Maya says saving me. "Yeah she's right. If we need to meet we can do that in school or the park or something but my house is off limits." I was finally able to respond, letting out the breath I didn't even realize I was holding.

He stood up and left,his shoulders down, looking disappointed. I ignored it and continued to eat. Maya took the baby from me to carry. "Everything happens for a reason" she says smiling down at the baby.

I know what she means but I don't say anything. I can't betray my brother. I haven't seen him all day I don't even know if he's in school. Well he does whatever he wants to. The bell rings and it's time for the next class. I wonder how they expect us to have classes with a baby. My life keeps getting complicated...

Eva was so excited to play with the baby when I got home so I guess I have found a babysitter. I leave it with her and go to my room.

Few minutes later, I hear a knock on my door and a head comes into view. It's Molly. "Come in" I say to her.

"I came to ask you for an advice. I know you have no experience when it comes to boys.." Ouch! I throw a pillow at her and she giggles. "...but you're the only one I can ask for advice" she finishes.

"What's up Molly. You can tell me anything" I reassure her. "I've been having a crush on someone since last year and he asked me out today. I told him I'll think about it but I'm beyond nervous when it comes to him. I'm not sure if I should say yes"

"Why not. Everyone gets nervous. If you really like him then give him a try" I tell her behaving like a relationship expert when I've never been in one before.

"Thanks Chloé" she says happily, hugging me. I smile at her and then she runs out of my room.

My 15 year old sister has her love life figured out and I'm here taking care of the baby of my crush who I cannot date. I fall back to my bed and cover my face with my pillow.

*******************************************
What is going to happen between Chloé and Dave now that they are project partners? And this project is a little more serious...
Share your thoughts.
Vote and Comment.
Mavi✨