Chapter 12

Dave's POV
I feel like I'm on cloud 9. I'm on my way home after detention with Chloé and she told me she feels the same way about me. I'm scared and happy about what will happen next.

She told me she'll send me an address on where we should meet for us to talk then she'll show me her secret. I know I acted irrational, avoiding her for months but I just didn't want to get hurt.

*chloé: let's meet at Burger King beside Jason's house."
*me: ok. See you soon*
How did she know where Jason lives?

I drive to Burger King and see her inside already. As I settle down, a waiter comes to ask for our order. "A cheese bugger and soda" she asks politely. What will I have?

"A whopper sandwich and soda" I finally decide. The waiter writes it down and leaves us. "I guess i'll start with my story first?" I ask and she nods. "You look pretty by the way" I say smiling at her and she blushes.

"Okay. So about Frida..." I start. "...we dated for months and we were so inlove. At least, I loved her. I don't know if she ever truly loved me. It was summer break when I found out she was cheating on me with one of my friends, Jack. I was so heartbroken. We had a lot of dreams for the future and since then I promised not to ever allow any girl to do the same to me. Instead, I'll do it to them." I say.

Our food arrives and we dig in. " I never had many friends since then. Jason is the only close one I have even though I hang around a lot of people" I say between bites. She remains quiet. "And I know he will never betray me" she coughs.

"I hope you're better now that you have talked about the past and that you can truly move on?" She asks and I nod my head. A tear fell on my cheeks. What Frida did to me was painful but I need to let it go. "She wipes the tear away with her thumb" I don't like this girl. I love her. I feel things I didn't even feel for Frida.

"How did you know Jason lives nearby?" I finally ask. It has been in my mind since she texted me. She remained quiet until she finished her burger. She places her hands in mine. I love it when she does that.

"I think it's time to say my secret" she says with uncertainty in her eyes. "It's hard to say..." she continues "but easier to show. I once told you I had two younger sisters and an older brother. Well that older brother is older than me with seconds so we're actually twins. Before anything happens I want you to know I always hated this secret and that it was my twin that started this " she finishes.

She removes her hands from mine and waves at the door. Two girls come to our table. Those are Jason sisters. Molly and Eva. What are they doing here?

When they get to the table Chloé stands up. "These are my sisters" she says. I'm so confused. Aren't this Jason's sisters? What is going on. She sees my confusion and starts getting worried.

"Hey Dave" Molly greets. Yup, these are Jason's sisters and it only means one thing. Jason is the twin she's been talking about.

"Yes" I hear Jason's voice and look up. "I'm her twin brother" he finishes. She mentioned her brother said she should stay away from me. Why would he say that? She said this secret was his idea. That's why he was angry when I said I was going out with her? And why she never gave me her address? It all makes sense.

"Aren't you meant to be my friend"I say to Jason standing up. Chloé tells Molly and Eva to go back home and she sits down, taking a gulp from her soda, looking exhausted.

"Let's talk calmly" Jason says and sits besides Chloé. I take my sit too. Now that I know the truth I see a lot of resemblance between them. They have the same eye color, skin colour, thin lips. I can't believe this.

"My sister is so much of a book warm that when we transferred to Westerfield in middle school I didn't want to hang around her if not I'll be classified as a nerd too and that way I'll never get into the soccer team. She understood and let it be even though she never liked it. So if you have to be angry at someone, it should be me and not her" he finishes and I glare at him.

"So for years, over 4 years of friendship and you didn't dim it fit to tell me" I yell. People begin to look at our table. "Please lower you voice" Chloé begs. "Does Maya know" I ask her and she says yes. "You see!" I yell again, we receive glares this time then lower my voice. "This is not the type of thing you keep from your best friend. There's actually nothing to be kept from your best friend."

"And you.." I say pointing to Chloé "...do you think I'll be in a relationship with a liar?" she looks hurt. I can see it in her face.

"Like I said, if there's anyone to be angry at it should be me and not her. She never lied to you. She said she had an older brother and I'm older. She's the one that made us do this Dave, she wanted you to know everything. Blood is thicker than water. I know we're good friends but I won't allow you treat my sister anyhow" he says, his voice rising with every word.

"When you're ready to settle things, you know where we live. Till then." He leaves and drags Chloé with him. The last thing i see is tears in her eyes. I just realized I loved her today. Will that love ever push through? I don't know what to do....

******************************************
Dave's POV again. What do y'all think. Did Dave handle things well? This is their second chance and things got messed up. Maybe they're not just meant for each other.
Vote and Comment
Mavi✨