Book 2- chapter 2

When I get back home, my brother is in the parlor playing video games. "Where's mom and dad" I ask him and he points up without responding. They should be in their room. I went to my room instead to avoid questions.

I needed to shower and change, then get ready for school tomorrow.

Ring Ring Ring!!!
I wake up to the sound of my alarm and roll to the side to switch it off. Argh!! Why did I have to wake up this early?! I stand up sluggishly and head to the bathroom.

I get ready and decide to wear a short and fitted black, leather skirt with a red, long sleeve shirt tucked in. I wear long boots with it. I apply light make up and leave my hair freely.

I run downstairs with my bag and see everyone having breakfast. "Good morning" I say to them and take my sit on the dinning table.

I put some pancakes on my plate and pour some syrup on it. "So you went job hunting yesterday?" Dad asks just as I'm about to dig in.

"Yes" I say and start eating. "Did you get any?" He continues asking. "Not yet. They said they'll get back to me" I say with my mouth full.

I take more bites and stand up to leave. I kiss them good bye and head out. It's almost 8am and I still need to get my coffee if not I won't make it through half of the day.

When I get to the steam house I order my usual. "Andrea" someone calls me and I turn around to see the woman that owns the cafe.

"Hello" I say to her. She smiles at me and hugs me. I was taken aback. I'm not a fan of hugs and stuff. "So when do you want to start working?" She asks me. Working?! I got the job!

This time around I hug her and quickly pull away awkwardly. "Tomorrow" I say. She smiles and walks away. Tomorrow it is. Dad will be so proud of me.

I take my coffee and hurry to school. I head straight to my locker. I have literature first so I grab my text.

"Drea!" I hear Vicky and Bianca squeal. I turn to them and they engulf me in a hug. What's up with hugs today?! "Heyy" I say smiling.

"Oh my gosh. You look so hot today" Bianca says to me. Bianca is the blabber mouth of our group. She knows all the rumors going on in school, everyone's secret, the latest fight, the latest couples, the popular guys, everything and she always updates us.

"Thank you" I say to her. Vicky on the other hand is our relationship expert. She knows the details of every boy in school. If you have a crush and you want to know about him, meet her. She also knows all the parties that goes on and who is hosting. She's the one that helps us get invites.

"Girls, there's a party coming up this Saturday for seniors only. It's a bonfire party for the new year. We must definitely go" Vicky says. We all have literature now so we head to the class.

"I'm in" I say to her. "Me too" Bianca says. I'm not sure of my role. I think I'm the brainiac. If they have problem with the classes I don't offer, I still try to help cause I offered it when I was a junior. Dad says I got that from mom. He said he wasn't that smart in school but mom was a nerd that didn't use glasses.

"I heard that there's a new guy in school" Bia says tapping on her phone. I don't know how she walks without bumping into someone. "His name is Adrian Valence and he's a hottie" she continues. I roll my eyes at her and walk into our class. We take our seat beside each other. I seat with Vicky while Bianca seats by her boyfriend, Zion.

"I got a job at the steam house" I say to them. "Nice. So does that mean we can get free coffee now" Vicky asks me. "Nope" I say. "What of a discount?" Bea says pouting. "Still a no" I say to her as the teacher walks in.

During lunch we go to our usual table where we sit with our friends. There's Ben, Zion, Tina and Marcus.

"Are you guys going to the bonfire?" Ben asks as we settle down. "Yup" I say taking a bite from my apple. They start talking about the new guy and I feel like hitting them with my Apple. I haven't seen him yet, I don't think we have classes together but why does everyone have to talk about him.

"Oh no. Isabella and Richard are dating." Bianca says. Isabella used to be with us until she joined the cheerleaders and forgot about us. And now she's going out with the school's bully. I don't know the kind of person she's become.

"That's disgusting" Tina says and we all agree. Richard was also the first guy I dated in middle school. He never liked me, he just used me so that he and his friends can play pranks on me. I was such a fool. But that was then.

I look at the table in the middle, that's where they stay. The popular table. I wanted to pick up my Apple to continue eating and I realized it was gone, then I see Marcus eating it.

"Hey!" I yell at him with a frown plastered on my face. He just smirks at me. I grab his juice box before he could and drink from it. It was my turn to smirk at him.

The bell for class rings and almost everyone in the cafeteria groaned. We all hurried to our feets to go to class. I had AP Calculus next with Vicky, Tina and Marcus so we all went together.

Before we head our separate ways from the rest of our friends, Bianca whines. "I wish I'm doing Calculus" she says and I look at her. For as long as I knew her she hated maths and calculus is a different dimension of maths.

"The new boy is in that class" she says and Vicky squeals. I roll my eyes and continue walking to my class. I'm tired of hearing about this new boy but for some reason I'm a little bit nervous.

****************************************
Everyone seems to be interested in this new boy except from Andrea.
What do you think
Vote and Comment
Mavi✨