Chapter 21

I wake up and the first thing I do is to run to my toilet to puke. I wash my mouth, shower and get ready for school. According to my calculations, I'm 3 weeks and 2 days pregnant and I already can't wait to not be pregnant. I'm tired of feeling sick.

I wear grey sweatpants and a white shirt, pack my hair in a ponytail and do a light make up. When I walk downstairs I can smell breakfast. Yummy. The table is already set and everyone is at the table. Well except for Jason who will still be sleeping.

"Good morning." I say to everyone and they greet me back. I take my seat and put some waffles and bacon on my plates. I pour orange juice into my cup and start eating.

"We will be going now" dad says and they all day stand up. Dad has to go to work while my mom will drop my sisters at school and run some errands. Incase you haven't figured, my mom is more like an house wife. She has a foundation and does charity but she's mostly at home cooking and cleaning.

Not long after they left, Maya came over to pick me up. We don't have classes anymore so some people don't go to school but today the principal giving us our letter of admission from schools of our choice that we got into.

It's compulsory for us to do it that way even though we can do it on our own, we still need the school's recommendations and stuff. And they made it a tradition. Today we are going to be told the schools we got admitted to. I wanted to study medicine like my dad at John Hopkins but I don't know if I'll be able to do that since I'm pregnant.

I think I should stay at home and take online classes. That way my mom can help me take care of the baby. "So I'm going to be a mom" I say to myself like as if I'm trying to believe it.

"Yes. And I'm going to be an aunty" Maya says. She has said that before. When I had Lucy. I think Lucy was just a way for Dave and I to experience parenting before we have our own child. But still I'm seventeen. And besides, I have decided to be a single mother and not let Dave come near me or our baby. Scratch that, my baby.

All seniors can stay at the hall or in the library but we prefer the hall cause we don't have to be quiet there. "I wanted to tell you something" Maya tells me. I wonder what it is so I keep quiet and wait for her to finish.

"Jason and I broke up." Maya says looking sad. "What?! What happened" I ask and she shrugs. "We don't think long distant relationship will work for us" she answers. What?! I know that Jason wants to go to Columbia University, New York and so those Maya. "Aren't you going to New York?" I ask her. She nods a yes. I think two of them are just confused but we will find out soon.

Kayla and Max take a sit beside us and the principal walks in. He starts calling out students, they come out to collect their admission letter(s) and that's it.

"Maya " the principal calls out and Maya stands up and walks to the front of the hall to get hers. Once he is done he leaves.

I text Jason. 
*Me: did u get accepted to Columbia university*
*Jason: yh*
*me: is that were you want to go?*
*jason:yh*
I smile.

"Oh my daysss. I got accepted to CU" Maya squeals. CU is Columbia university. Maya and Jason are complete idiots. That's why communication is essential in a relationship. "I think you should at least ask Jason the school he is going to" I say to Maya. "No" she murmurs. Dummy, I laugh to myself.

"It's a way of saying goodbye you know. Just congratulate yourselves." I say. She agrees and goes to meet him. I check mine and I got accepted to John Hopkins. I didn't realize I was crying until I saw a drop of tear on my letter. After working so hard I still won't go. After being a book warm and being called names for years, I end up the one pregnant. Life is so cruel. I also got into university of west Georgia. I can go there since it's close from home and they even gave me a partial scholarship.

"Ahhh!" I hear a scream from my back and I know it's Maya. "We are going to the same school!" She continues screaming and I chuckle. Ignorance made them break up for no reason.

Kayla is also going to university of west Georgia. So now I have two people I'll be going to school with.  Her and Natalia, Maya's sister. Max on the other hand is going to Canada for college but they're continuing with their relationship.

"I need to use the ladies" I say excusing myself. On the hallway, someone holds my arm and I turn to see who it is. Dave. "Can we talk" He says to me. I miss him. His voice, his scent, his gaze... "Can we talk" He repeats, stopping my train of thoughts.

"Certainly not" I say and walk away. I go into the restroom thinking he left me alone but when I came out I saw him.

"What do you want from me!" I yell at him. "Can we talk please. I need to show you something."

I don't want to follow him but at the same time I want to. "After this, you can decide whether you will forgive me or not" he says.

Screw it. I followed him.

***************************************
Ignorance would have sinked the Jamaya ship😂😂 it was a reader @bud_and_blossom that formed that.
What does Dave need to show her?
Will that Change anything?
Vote and Comment
Mavi✨