Chapter 9

Dave's POV

I can't help thinking about Chloé. She's so different from other girls. I can't believe we've been going to the same school for years and I just found out that she exists less than a month ago.

I don't know why I always feel the need to want to be around her, to help her. Something is off with Jason about her and I don't know what it is.

But why do I care? Do I like her? I just flirt with girls to get into their pants really. Ever since what happened with my ex and LAST girlfriend, Frida. I don't think I can love a girl again since they'll just break your heart.

I decided to text her.
*me: hey. What's up?"
She reads it almost immediately but doesn't respond.
*me: are you ok?*
This time she didn't read it and I started to get worried. Maybe I should visit her but then I remembered she never gave me a clue of where she lived.

Okay. I think I do like her. I'm usually not this worried about girls. To be honest I don't care about them.

I was about to call her when I received a text. I was so excited Chloé finally replied only for me to see it was Alyssa. Why was I even excited? Now I know for a fact that I like Chloé.

*aly:hey baby. Should I come over*
I have noticed that she has been flirting with me lately and she was going to be my next fling. But now that I realized I have feelings for Chloé, I don't think so anymore.

I don't even know what this means. Will I date her? What happened with Frida and I broke my heart but I guess Chloé is different. Maybe I should give it a try.

I remembered I haven't replied yet.
*me: I'm busy right now.*
*aly: what of tomorrow*
*me:ok. We can meet at the park.
Alyssa could be very persistent so I think I should meet up with her and make it clear that I'm not interested in her.

Rufus,my dog, wakes me up the next morning. I work out and head downstairs for breakfast. Rielle has her best friend over and they're on the couch doing whatever they do.

"Good morning or should I say afternoon" she greets. "Afternoon?!" She and her friends laughs at my reaction. I check my phone and see it's after 1 and I have tons of missed call from Alyssa. We were meant to meet by 12. Holy shit.

I call her and she says she's still at the park. I was relieved at first that I didn't have to go again but I guess I still have to. I eat the leftover pizza in the fridge and go back upstairs to get ready.

"Dave!" Alyssa squeals immediately she sees me in the park. "Hey" I say not sounding interested. She hooks her arms with mine and leads the way.

It's the same park I came to with Chloé and Lucy so it just makes me think of her. Funny enough I even miss Lucy and that was always my reason to hang out with her. The second text I sent to Chloé has been read but still no reply. I can sense that something is wrong.

"Dave you know how much I love you. I'm willing to do anything for you" Alyssa says. I was about to cut her off and tell her how I feel about Chloé when I saw Chloé and Maya laughing, coming towards our direction. They hadn't seen us yet.

Alyssa's hold on me tightened just when Chloé looked up and saw us. I untangled my hand and went to meet Chloé.

"Hey Chloé. I've been trying to get a hold of you." I tell her. She looks at me like she's seen a ghost, turns around and runs away. Just like she did at the party. Why is she avoiding me?

"Let's go" Alyssa says but I ignore her and run after Chloé. Maya was still there looking like she's watching a film.

"Chloé! Wait up" we ran up to a mile before she stopped. She was beside a coffee shop and decided to go in and sit. I followed her and sat beside her.

"Go away" she finally mutters, grasping for breath. A waiter comes to ask for our order. "Two bottles of water please" I tell the waiter then I face Chloé "I need to know what I did wrong"

She stays quiet. Our water arrives and she grabs hers' and finishes half at once. I laugh at her. "What? It's not funny" she says smiling. That smile I always want to see.

"What did I do wrong?" I repeat. I want to get to the end of this. I want to tell her how I feel. "I like you Chloé so I need to know what I did wrong"

"Nothing. I just need to stay away from you. My brother says I should, Alyssa says I should, everyone says I should. Thanks for the water" she says and walks out of the shop.

This time I don't follow her. I just told her my feelings and all she said is what other people say about me. I thought she was different. She broke my heart even before we dated so now I know she's even worse than Frida. I hate girls.

I was going to go back to Alyssa when I remembered she also has something to do with this. I'll use her and make her feel real bad as her punishment for telling Chloé to stay away from me. "I hate girls."

I drop some money on the table and storm out of the shop. "I hate girls" I repeat.

*******************************************
I decided to write this scene in Dave's POV. Did Chloé do the right thing? Is there still hope for her and Dave.
Vote and Comment!
Stay safe❤️
Mavi✨