Chapter 3: Oh No...

“Fitzgerald INC please, as fast as possible.” I say to the driver with a stern tone. “Yes, ma’am.” He replies, quickly pulling out in the traffic. 

I lay my head back on the seat and take a deep breath. Breathe, Carmen. You will be fine. 

After nervously fidgeting and constantly checking my phone for the time, we finally make it outside the building. I throw the driver a 10 and rush inside. I make my way through the huge steel doors and walk to the front desk. 

I was greeted by a smiling young man. “Hello! Welcome to Fitzgerald INC, how may I help you?” 

“I uh, I’m here for an interview at 8? For the assistant position, my name is Carmen Andrews.” 

The young man types in something into the computer. “Okay miss, take your elevator on the right and press the star key, let the receptionist there know Matt sent you from the front desk for the appointment.” I gave him a quick smile. “Thankyou.” 

I quickly made my way to the elevator, pressed the star button as instructed, and waited. 

As each floor dinged I was getting more and more nervous. Don’t fuck this up Carmen, please don’t fuck this up.” 

The doors finally opened and I approached the desk. “Hello my name is Carmen Andrews and I’m he-“ 

“You’re late. Mr. Fitzgerald is expecting you.” The receptionist held her hand towards 2 big doors on the left. I gave her a small smile despite how bitchy she was. I slowly walked toward the doors, and knocked. 

“Come in.” 

I opened the door, only to see the familiar face I saw this morning on the sidewalk. 

Fuck.