Chapter 15: Photographs

Chapter 15:

Carmen’s POV:

My mind and heart were telling me two different things. Common sense was telling me “Run for your life Carmen, this man is trouble.” While my heart was screaming “You idiot! You’ll never feel passion like that ever again! Go after him!”

I can’t deny that kiss was… electrifying. Ever since I laid eyes on him I thought he was so attractive. I’ve never witnessed a kiss so intense that I forgot everything that was happening around me. For those glorious few seconds I couldn’t even remember that he chewed me out in front of a 300 people. I couldn’t recall about what happened in the car. Nothing mattered.

I close the door and plop down on the couch, rubbing my temples. This was the most eventful first day I’ve ever experienced.

I knew I made the right decision. I had to avoid James Fitzgerald at all costs.

This man was bipolar, angry, rude… but also sweet and thoughtful when he wanted to be.

I try to see the best in everyone, but James did not bring the best out of me. I haven’t been this much of a mess since I caught my ex sleeping with my roommate a year ago.

I drag myself off the couch and get a hot bath going. I just needed to relax and sleep this day off.

The next days were very stressful trying to forget what happened. Technically since I worked at Fitzgerald INC for a day, I could put it on my resume, which helped tremendously.

I landed a job at a photography studio downtown, which was a great opportunity for me, and I got to do exactly what I wanted to do.

Deep down I felt somewhat guilty, because I knew I couldn’t have landed this job without James giving me a chance to work for him. I hope he doesn’t think I used him...

My first week at work was hectic, but in a good way. I was so busy with photoshoots that I didn’t have much time to think about James.

Carmen… why are you thinking about James?...

I get home on a Friday night and notice there was an envelope on my floor. Someone must have slid it under the door while I was at work.

I look on the front.

To: Ms. Carmen Andrews

From: J.F.

Oh shit. J.F…. James Fitzgerald.

I didn’t want to open it, but curiosity won this battle. I slowly tore open the top, and poured the contents out on the table.

It was photographs. The first few were the photos I took of the city at night with the reflection in the water. He took the time to get them developed, which nobody really does anymore.

The next one was of me, in the rose gardens at the estate James and I looked at on my first day of work. I blushed. Something about this picture was beautiful. I looked peaceful, happy.

I noticed there was a note sticking out of the envelope.

Dear Carmen,

                I know you have stated you do not want see me again. Trust me, I have done my best to respect your wishes, but I cannot stop thinking about you. I would do anything for a second chance.

PS: Read the back of the photographs

                                                                                Sincerely,

                                                                                James Fitzgerald

My heart is fluttering. I turn the pictures over. Out of the 4 he put in the envelope, there was only 2 with writing on them. The first one was of the city.

Every time I pass by here, I think of you.

The other was of me, in the garden.

My favorite.

I couldn’t resist a smile, despite the fact I had mixed feelings about this gesture. What was he trying to do? Date me? Give me my job back? Be friends?

Oh Carmen… he likes you… the most difficult, sexy man on the planet to be with… likes you.

I sit down on the couch and turn on the T.V. when I hear something at my window.